Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Makes 154 Debut, Wins Dominant Decision Over Jose Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

But there was no reason for DG to change anything. If it aint broke, dont fix it. Benavidez had nothing for him, and didn't even seem to know the word "adjustment".

DG might not have had the power to give Benaavidez real pain, but he dipped and slipped pretty much landed at will.
    You're right danny did what he had to against the level of opponent he was in there with. Benavidez has never been a fighter I've rated going back before his injury he gotta huge gift against mauricio Heerera who ironically got screwed by a decision against Danny in the fight before. But Danny controlled the fight 114-114 was a joke. Don't know about Danny at 154 tho I mean he wasn't the most physically strong at 147 and there's monsters at 154. Think he should run in back with Keith

Comment

• Danny lost that fight... It's too big for him. He had to work way too hard and he'll end up getting crushed...

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

You're right danny did what he had to against the level of opponent he was in there with. Benavidez has never been a fighter I've rated going back before his injury he gotta huge gift against mauricio Heerera who ironically got screwed by a decision against Danny in the fight before. But Danny controlled the fight 114-114 was a joke. Don't know about Danny at 154 tho I mean he wasn't the most physically strong at 147 and there's monsters at 154. Think he should run in back with Keith
        Agreed. I didnt see any power that would keep a better fighter off him. Really, Benavidez didn't know how to fight him, but he didn't look shook at all by Garcia's power level.

Comment

• Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post

Agreed. I didnt see any power that would keep a better fighter off him. Really, Benavidez didn't know how to fight him, but he didn't look shook at all by Garcia's power level.
          Yeah Danny didn't have the power at 147 either only decent KO he had was against rios who we all know was a blown up lightweight. But against the main guys porter errol and thurman he coudnt faze them with his power like he did with guys at 140 so at 154 I don't see him fazing a guy like charlo or lara at 155. Benavidez himself is a blown up 140 and like you said he was just taking the shots and not throwing back but he never looked like he was hurt or uncomfortable in there he just got out worked

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
            Lara's aging, but Danny still may get a lot more than he bargained for .

in order to beat lara, danny will have to press similar to o'sullivan which isn't danny's style. outside of that, it's lara from range with his 6-7inch reach advantage throwing straight lefts and danny's short weak hooks falling short. delusion if people think danny can walk lara down like hurd and angulo who took major damage doing it. this fight is unwinnable other than rigging the cards or playing lara off. i'm not sure the 155 thing works either. it's more like they are using his name and harrison. danny cant outbox either of these dudes. i'd favor austin trout over danny. if thurman doesn't mess up crawford spence you will see danny / thurman in a fraud 154 fight.

Comment

• Great win for Garcia!

Comment

Working...
              X