Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We've Made an Offer To Joshua Buatsi To Fight Dmitry Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harry-greb View Post

Bivol won't risk the canelo pay day by fighting Beterbiev before next May.
    I hadn't thought of that, good point.
    harry-greb harry-greb likes this.

Comment

He complains abiut Arum not doing business with him, but he doesn't do business with GBP! I want Bivol vs. Zurdo!
      Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

OSCAR DE LA HOYA CONFIDENT THAT GILBERTO RAMIREZ GETS NEXT SHOT AT DMITRIY BIVOL
        July 1, 2022

Oscar De La Hoya is confident unbeaten light heavyweight contender Gilberto Ramirez will be the next fighter to face WBA world titleholder Dmitriy Bivol.

Ramirez defeated Dominic Boesel by knockout on May 14 at the Toyota Arena in Ontario, California to become the mandatory challenger to face Bivol.

There have been recent rumors of Bivol defending his WBA world title belt against Joshua Buatsi of England, but De La Hoya is adamant Ramirez (44-0, 30 knockouts), who is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, will be the one who will next face Bivol.

“He is the mandatory (challenger),” De La Hoya, Chairman and CEO of Golden Boy, told The Ring in a recent interview. “We’re excited the WBA is pushing for it. ‘Zurdo’ versus Bivol is probably one of the most anticipated fights today, along with many others. Bivol beat Canelo (Alvarez) easily and that caused no problems. Now ‘Zurdo’ can avenge that loss and get revenge for all the Mexican fans.

“His confidence level (is higher). When you’re surrounded by a great team, with a legend at the helm, it gives a fighter a sense of confidence and takes you to a whole new level, (especially) when you train, your mentality, when you go in the ring and fight. I’ve seen ‘Zurdo’ grow over these last several years we’ve had him. He’s 4-0, with 4 knockouts. It tells you a lot. I’ll maybe take .40 percent credit for that.”

https://www.ringtv.com/641099-oscar-...dmitriy-bivol/

Really Oscar? Where's the push?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragga1 View Post

I’d disagree, Canelo was the betting, boxing experts and casuals favourite.
          How did that work out for them? None of them knew bivol or had followed his career. Anyone who has would’ve bet the house on bivol like I did lol. Ez money. You do realize that betting on favoured fighters and teams is a good way to go broke right? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

How did that work out for them? None of them knew bivol or had followed his career. Anyone who has would’ve bet the house on bivol like I did lol. Ez money. You do realize that betting on favoured fighters and teams is a good way to go broke right? Lol
            I didn't lose any money, but I thought Canelo was going to win easily! Would you bet on Bivol if the rematch was @ 168?

LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

[QUOTE=LAchargers373;n31486191]

I don’t know if any of the experts/fans bet on the fight or have followed Bivol’s career, so I can’t answer that question. I’m not a betting person, it’s a mugs game.
              LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I didn't lose any money, but I thought Canelo was going to win easily! Would you bet on Bivol if the rematch was @ 168?
                That’s a really good question and the answer is a resounding: YES. Bivol boxed at 168 as an amateur he’s very very good at 168. I like canelo a lot. I overlook his PED fiasco and give him the benefit of the doubt on that. He started his career at 140 tho. As great a fighter as he is the monsters he will encounter at 168 and 175 I think are too big for him. He’ll beat the BJS callum smiths Caleb plants but he’s gonna have trouble with bivols zurdos benevidez jr beterbievs David morrel jr these guys are a level above BJS smith charlo and also bigger. A great big fighter beats a great smaller fighter. I think canelo can win these fights but as I said it’s really tough to go up that much weight and beat EVERYBODY. Never happens
                Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

That’s a really good question and the answer is a resounding: YES. Bivol boxed at 168 as an amateur he’s very very good at 168. I like canelo a lot. I overlook his PED fiasco and give him the benefit of the doubt on that. He started his career at 140 tho. As great a fighter as he is the monsters he will encounter at 168 and 175 I think are too big for him. He’ll beat the BJS callum smiths Caleb plants but he’s gonna have trouble with bivols zurdos benevidez jr beterbievs David morrel jr these guys are a level above BJS smith charlo and also bigger. A great big fighter beats a great smaller fighter. I think canelo can win these fights but as I said it’s really tough to go up that much weight and beat EVERYBODY. Never happens
                  I think Canelo should stay @ 168, and I would love to see him fight Bivol, Benavidez, and Charlo @ 168! If he beats GGG, I think he should start with Charlo, since he's probably the "weakest link!": Actually, I wish Charlo would grow a pair and fight Benavidez Jr. ASAP, winner gets Canelo!
                  Last edited by Bronx2245; 07-08-2022, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    What made you believe Canelo would beat Bivol easily? You were obviously overrating Canelo big time.

I fully expected Bivol to win. watching Bivol fights made me believe Bivol could handle Canelo also. Canelo is not a 175 guy and he will never be.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

What made you believe Canelo would beat Bivol easily? You were obviously overrating Canelo big time.

I fully expected Bivol to win. watching Bivol fights made me believe Bivol could handle Canelo also. Canelo is not a 175 guy and he will never be.
                      Yes, I was overrating Canelo! I would like to see the rematch @ 168! I don't think Canelo should ever fight at 175 again!

Comment

Working...
                      X