Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shields On Marshall: She Don't Have No Heart; Hasn't Fought A True 160-Pounder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Shields will outbox Marshall. However, if Marshall holds up her hands, maintains consistent head movement and works the body then she may have a chance.

Comment

I’m pretty sold on Marshall, jabs really well, seemingly carries decent power - but that said, she looked really nervous at the presser yesterday, which didn’t breed confidence! Hoping she’s just bad at the media side of things…

Comment

What generally happens when two fighters really dislike each other, is despite tactical plans put in place, it becomes a brawl, and that favours Marshall massively. She's much heavier handed, and if they fight in a phone box, Shields speed advantage will be less clear, than if they were fighting at mid-range. Nash out.
        Monty Fisto Monty Fisto likes this.

Comment

Shields looks like she has the better boxing ability, but Savannah Marshall is significantly bigger and we know she punches with unusual power for women's boxing. That size advantage will count for something.

I disagree with those saying Marshall seemed nervous. I thought she came across as quietly confident. With Shields there is a whiff of "the lady doth protest too much, methinks" to the way she constantly feels the need to talk about how she's accomplished more than Marshall. I liked the way that Marshall said she's a fan of Clarissa and all that she's accomplished... but she beat her before and she'll do it again. As I say, it came across as quietly confident.

Comment

Why is she saying Marshall has not fought a fat girl?

Comment

Shields is likely the better bet, but imagine if she got knocked out... I don't really like people who give themselves titles and accolades. Reminds me of Teofimo. Hopefully it's as good of a fight as Taylor v Serrano was.

Comment

Working...
              X