Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Grinds His Way Towards A Chance At Heavyweight Gold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Grinds His Way Towards A Chance At Heavyweight Gold

By Corey Erdman - After taking two overhand rights flush on the chin at the end of the first round of his bout against Christian Hammer last Saturday, Joe Joyce had a knowing glance on his face. His eyebrows raised, his lips pursed, the facial pronunciation of "whew, okay." In that moment, Joyce could have been thinking any of the following and it would have made sense: 1. "I shouldn't have been hit by those," 2. "Those were some hard shots," or 3. "I have quite the chin."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Parker v Joyce is the fight to make!

It tests both and makes the winner a worthy contender for the titles....

Comment

With the Usyk Joshua fight, then likely unification of winner with Fury, then other rotation mandatories, it could be 2 years before Joyce gets a mandatory shot. So maybe his tactic has to eliminate other possible contenders? One thing's for sure, Warren won't do that rematch with Dubois he used to talk about.

Comment

No use bagging Joyce's head movement or speed when he goes out there intending to eat bombs to put his size on you. You couldn't make him blink with a baseball bat. If it were a problem, then after however many years of amateur and professional coaching at the highest level SOMEONE would have told him to bring his hands up and move his head by now. Blokes a freak of nature. Homer Simpson syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post
          No use bagging Joyce's head movement or speed when he goes out there intending to eat bombs to put his size on you. You couldn't make him blink with a baseball bat. If it were a problem, then after however many years of amateur and professional coaching at the highest level SOMEONE would have told him to bring his hands up and move his head by now. Blokes a freak of nature. Homer Simpson syndrome.
          Blows to the head have long term effects - accumulated damage and inflammation. His team should be doing brain scans on a regular basis. Joyce will get either out boxed by someone like Sanchez or KO'd by a heavy hitter such as Hgrovic or even Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            With the Usyk Joshua fight, then likely unification of winner with Fury, then other rotation mandatories, it could be 2 years before Joyce gets a mandatory shot. So maybe his tactic has to eliminate other possible contenders? One thing's for sure, Warren won't do that rematch with Dubois he used to talk about.
            Nah, I believe unified champ will vacate one belt or more.
            Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

I'm beginning to be a fan of the underwater puncher, I love the combination of zero defence, slow motion punches and seemingly epic chin and gastank.
              The fact he looks like a Greek god but seems to be more socially awkward and on the spectrum is even more hilarious " you know its like if its raining and, you know you don't have an umbrella...then you get wet"

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                If Fury comes out of this year or early next with all the belts, he walks. He doesn't need anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Nah, I believe unified champ will vacate one belt or more.
                  If that's Fury he walks away.
                  JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post

If Fury comes out of this year or early next with all the belts, he walks. He doesn't need anybody else.
                    Oh yeah, definitely.

The same probably applies to Usyk and Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                    X