Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: I'd Prefer Not To Rely On My Chin, I'd Prefer To Block, Slip and Counter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: I'd Prefer Not To Rely On My Chin, I'd Prefer To Block, Slip and Counter

Every now and again, a fighter comes along that seems to be impossible to shift. In the heavyweight division there was George Chuvalo and Randall "Tex" Cobb, men who seemed to stay standing no matter how hard they were hit. Joe Joyce seems to fit that profile.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Definitely a very tough guy.

The toughest active fighters today, who haven't been knocked down, I'd say Canelo, Usyk and Golovkin.

Toughest ever, has to be George Chuvalo, the punishment that man took an she never went down, unreal. Oliver McCall and Randall Cobb incredibly tough as teak as well.

For a long time Chavez was too, until in the twilight of his career he got beat up by De La Hoya and Kosta Tszyu, if not mistaken.

Of course, not forgetting the hard man Hagler, who disputed that knockdown officially recorded against Roldan.
    ​​​​​
    Gggodofwar91 Gggodofwar91 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
      Definitely a very tough guy.

The toughest active fighters today, who haven't been knocked down, I'd say Canelo, Usyk and Golovkin.

Toughest ever, has to be George Chuvalo, the punishment that man took an she never went down, unreal. Oliver McCall and Randall Cobb incredibly tough as teak as well.

For a long time Chavez was too, until in the twilight of his career he got beat up by De La Hoya and Kosta Tszyu, if not mistaken.

Of course, not forgetting the hard man Hagler, who disputed that knockdown officially recorded against Roldan.
      ​​​​​
      Vitali Klitschko deserves to be added to the list. Usyk...dunno..he's too sleek to be punched clean so we dont know really, much like Canelo. GGG on the other hand has been hit flush on the chin a number of times...it's like he didn't notice.
      Gggodofwar91 Gggodofwar91 likes this.

Comment

Danny Garcia has been hit by some of the biggest punchers right on the chin and hasn't been buckled yet, Canelo got hurt by cottos brother, GGG's chin is granite, Joyce's chin is pound for the pound the hardest to crack

Comment

Find it surprising he has been wiped out early in the amateurs.

That said. Heavyweights get knocked out it is normal
          greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

noones beating joe any time soon

Comment

I can see similarities to Tex Cobb. Joe is a smart, intelligent, well-informed guy. He doesn't WANT to take head shots. He isn't like Jerry Quarry or Riddick Bowe who ate shot after shot uncaringly until they were badly damaged. Unfortunately he isn't gifted with any reflexes to get out of the way of shots. If, say, Devin Haney, has the reflexes of a cat, Joe has the reflexes of a cow. Not even a lively cow that has been spooked by sight of a dog. His best way to avoid serious damage will be to keep his ring career pretty brief. After today he needs 2 big fights & then get out. Oddly, despite never being able to avoid any punches, Tex Cobb doesn't seem to be in too bad condition today, a lot better than (say) Bowe.

Comment

Joyce makes me feel good inside about HW boxing. I haven't had that same feeling since pre-Ruiz Joshua, or Wilder. Even his ring name is simplistically badass – the Juggernaut. Suits him to the ground. I wasn't quite sold on him until around the Dubois fight, but I geddit now.

A huge shame the Parker fight never happened, because that would've been an excellent test. Winner of Chisora–Pulev would be another good fight, but obviously that won't happen either.

Comment

Let's pretend I didn't know how good his chin was before fighting ddd. But I know how hard ddd hits and joyce took them. Ddd probably wondering why joyce weren't on canvas

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Let's pretend I didn't know how good his chin was before fighting ddd. But I know how hard ddd hits and joyce took them. Ddd probably wondering why joyce weren't on canvas
                    No one’s going to knock out everyone particularly if they step up competition . Joyce has taking huge shots in hard sparring as well from Vlad Sirenko who arguably hits harder then DDD . I’m willing to bet he does get stopped by A.J if that fight happens though that’s to much of an inviting target from a fast accurate combo puncher .

Comment

Working...
                    X