Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis: How The F--- Are Two 140-Pound Titles Vacant & I'm Not Fighting For Any

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what happens when you choose the wrong promoter. It looks like he's next in line anyway, as long as the winner of the Ramirez vs Zepeda matchup don't take on a non-mandatory cupcake after their fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Your message here is EXACTLY what is wrong with boxing. All these trinkets mean s h I t e. He is top 3 in division and no trinket will change that. He should be fighting for a vacant title because he is elite. You know that, I know that, everyone on BS knows that and the alphabet soup orgs know it.
      Good point and message, minus the bold.
      He should be just calling out whoever he wants.

My ranking at 140: Top 3

Davis
      Prograis
      Taylor

It's better than a lot of these belt orgs.
      Boxingfanatic75 Boxingfanatic75 likes this.

Comment

Between 130 and 140 right now: I have Davis at 1.

Comment

Let's cool the Shakur hype down as well, for now. I like him, but he's a welter hiding in feather, in reality.
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-01-2022, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I like Prograis, he's a banger. He's shuffled thru promoters...not sure if it's him or if he just has a low threshold for the BS politics of boxing (my guess is the latter but who knows).

Prograis is more deserving than half the guys fighting for those belts. He needs to be more active even if it's KOing random dudes. That seems to make sanctioning bodies happy.

My guess is he beats Ramirez but not sure how he does with Zepeda (whom I find more dynamic). I just wanna see those fights or even Regis against Catterall.

Comment

Regis deserves another shot but he needs to stay active and relevant. Good action fighter!
              BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                I like Prograis, he's a banger. He's shuffled thru promoters...not sure if it's him or if he just has a low threshold for the BS politics of boxing (my guess is the latter but who knows).

Prograis is more deserving than half the guys fighting for those belts. He needs to be more active even if it's KOing random dudes. That seems to make sanctioning bodies happy.

My guess is he beats Ramirez but not sure how he does with Zepeda (whom I find more dynamic). I just wanna see those fights or even Regis against Catterall.
                Good post. Boxing is a brutal affair.

I love to see Regis make a load of money before he retires. He has no time for pursuing BS belts for 200k. He can make his first 1 or 2 mil with Davis. He needs to put some effort into it tho. Same with Taylor. Continue that beef with Gervonta. Otherwise, both might downgrade to 50k.
                PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                  Regis deserves another shot but he needs to stay active and relevant. Good action fighter!
                  Another shot at the best at his current weight: Gervonta Davis.

That Taylor fight had no chemistry for me.
                  I could have it a draw or either way, but Regis showed more style.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Why does he fight so infrequently? Why does he have to be with the right promoter to have an opportunity when it is obvious he is a top name at that weight?
                    Why do you have to play in the NBA to win the NBA championship?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                      Your message here is EXACTLY what is wrong with boxing. All these trinkets mean s h I t e. He is top 3 in division and no trinket will change that. He should be fighting for a vacant title because he is elite. You know that, I know that, everyone on BS knows that and the alphabet soup orgs know it.
                      And the best chess player in the world might be the homeless guy down the street from you.

If you want to become the mandatory to the championship of the world, you typically first have to win the championship of your area. He's very highly rated despite not fighting often and not winning any secondary titles to move higher in the rankings.

It's like refusing to play in the AFC championship and then complaining when you're not in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                      X