Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER never planned to make 144...and GBP knew that.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and by the way, I do feel for JMM... i mean I am rooting for Floyd cause he is my favorite fighter but I do think JMM has been ****ed around too much which isn't cool. I like JMM, I am a fan of the guy... and I understand what you guys mean when you saying the 2 pounds probably wont make a difference to his fight night weight but it isn't the point, they had a contract to follow and that is it.

But all I am gonna say is, there was a **** load of confusion about it and I do remember Floyd just saying "This is a WW fight" when somebody brought up it was a catch weight of 144... so I don't know, something strange happened... I mean Floyd might be able to make 144 if he does a Pacquiao, Cotto, Mosley, etc. and dehydrates himself a little bit to make the weight... but when you look back on his fights in his career he has barely ever done this, if ever... maybe that wasn't an option for him, maybe he is against it, maybe he saw what happened to DLH when he fought Pacquiao and didn't want anything similar to happen (obviously, if he got to 144 it wouldn't make the same difference as it would of to DLH, but its still a point to make... maybe that was what Floyd was thinking.

Or maybe even you guys are right... maybe he planned it all along, or maybe he saw a few days before that he was a few pounds over 144 and didn't bother putting in effort (which we might be able to tell later on tonight whether that was the case or not), who knows... it could be any of the things I said... we aint Floyd... we don't know what he was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
      He humped my leg. I call it as I see it.

he can sniff estrogen a mile away Al....dont call my dog a ****

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post

at the end of the day a mismatch is a mismatch, and this last advantage floyd has isnt needed nor is it worth the media backlash. all your article shows is that floyd never intended to make the weight and the promoters knew. it doesnt make misleading the public who thought it was at 144 right. i dont care what kind of contract it is, a contract is made to honour, not to be broken. its the principle of the matter and the manner in which it was done. if you cant acknowledge that i cant help you.
        sandy...

That's all that "the" (not "my") article was intended to show. People were focusing on the wrong issues. I do think that you are largely focused on the right issues. The posters who are saying that Floyd alone is "the liar" or to blame, or unprofessional are pretty misguided. no offense to them.

Floyd told the public months ago that he wasn't making 144. And Marquez' promoter knew that. RS played that mystery/controversy for effect. If anything, the anger should be directed at DLH/RS for throwing JMM into a shark tank (possibly) just so they can get promo rights for the May/Pac giga-fight. And you know that's what it is all about.

I encourage the effort to increasee transparency in the sport. Especially with Top Rank. You can't ever get truth from that company. If you see anything about my posting style, I am very factually based. Sometimes to a fault.

If your car had a 50K mile warranty, and it broke down at 49,999.....

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          he can sniff estrogen a mile away Al....dont call my dog a ****

Comment

funny how floyd was telling the truth the whole time LOL

Comment

I found alot of things about the fight fishy, but at the least they are going to fight.

Comment

I would agree with you 1000% if Floyd executed this ploy in a vacuum. But he didn't. If you read the articles, you will see that Marquez' promoter was fully complicit in the marketing technique.

Here's what i think happened: Oscar was stung by the criticism and "mismatch" discussion for his Pac fight. So they agreed to sell this as a catchweight fight - even though it wasn't. Floyd was making PUBLIC statements that he wasn't making 143/144. For months now. Did you ever hear Oscar/GBP say anything?

As the multiple articles and multiple sources demonstrate, Marquez' promoter was also teasing the 'wait til the weigh-in' angle. They knew what was up. And I think they are loving that everyone is discussing this fight.

The ONLY person who told you the truth was Mayweather. He has always said 'this is a welterweight fight".

Disingenuous? Floyd said "I'm not weighing 143. i weigh what i weigh". How much more clear could he be? Floyd's culpability is that Mayweather Promotions shares the way the fight is sold. You can't sit back and listen to Oscar lie and not address it.

This is boxing. You're not in Kansas anymore.
                "I weigh what I weigh"... seriously? Floyd's using tautologies to be clear? That's something you say when you're skirting issues.
                ie:
                "Is Kate a dumb *****?
                "eh... well Kate is gonna be Kate"

"How am I gonna make rent this month?"
                "Do what you gotta do."

"How's Mayweather weight bait and switch not a ***** move?"
                "Well... it is what it is... and Floyd's gonna be Floyd."

See what I mean?

Even if Floyd was making public statments about not making weight, why has it been hush hush for the last couple months? There must be a reason why there are damn near a thousand articles written about this very issue in the last 24 hours. Why? Because the IMPRESSION was 144 and it is pretty clear they kept the weight issue ambiguous in case some situation like this would happen.

If I told you I was gonna set you up on a blind date with a hot blonde... it would be pretty ****ing disingenuous if I left you with the following:

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Flores View Post

Too bad your guy doesn't have the balls to fight people in his own weight divison. Instead he brings up guys from lower weight classes, Ricky Hatton a jr. welterweight, and JMM, a lightweight for 2 fights.

Tom,

At a certain point, you are gonna have to realize that Mayweather supporters do not have the same expectations as mayweather haters.

You have an expectation that Floyd will clean out his fifth weigh class. FMJ fans do not expect that.

You are banging your head against the wall. Just let it go, champ.

Comment

I would agree with you 1000% if Floyd executed this ploy in a vacuum. But he didn't. If you read the articles, you will see that Marquez' promoter was fully complicit in the marketing technique.

Here's what i think happened: Oscar was stung by the criticism and "mismatch" discussion for his Pac fight. So they agreed to sell this as a catchweight fight - even though it wasn't. Floyd was making PUBLIC statements that he wasn't making 143/144. For months now. Did you ever hear Oscar/GBP say anything?

As the multiple articles and multiple sources demonstrate, Marquez' promoter was also teasing the 'wait til the weigh-in' angle. They knew what was up. And I think they are loving that everyone is discussing this fight.

The ONLY person who told you the truth was Mayweather. He has always said 'this is a welterweight fight".

Disingenuous? Floyd said "I'm not weighing 143. i weigh what i weigh". How much more clear could he be? Floyd's culpability is that Mayweather Promotions shares the way the fight is sold. You can't sit back and listen to Oscar lie and not address it.

This is boxing. You're not in Kansas anymore.
                    well put , nuff said

Comment

Mr boat buyer is a WW. He shoulda just fought a real WW for his tuneup. And if he insisted on this farce, he shouldn't have agreed to a weight he never planned to make.

Comment

Working...
                      X