Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER never planned to make 144...and GBP knew that.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
    Yeah. That's my style.

i lost the last ounce of respect when you said my dog was ****sexual too....get help Al

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post

at the end of the day a mismatch is a mismatch, and this last advantage floyd has isnt needed nor is it worth the media backlash. all your article shows is that floyd never intended to make the weight and the promoters knew. it doesnt make misleading the public who thought it was at 144 right. i dont care what kind of contract it is, a contract is made to honour, not to be broken. its the principle of the matter and the manner in which it was done. if you cant acknowledge that i cant help you.

there was a fine for a reason, there was a reason nsac didnt get floyds papers until 4 hours before the weigh in, theres a reason why floyd went to team jmm on wed to restructure. MISLEADING THE PUBLIC.

It's a complete and utter mismatch. Thats why it hasnt sold out. Same reason for dlh-pac - perceived as a mismatch. ofcourse ppv sales are preferred, doesnt change the fact that this fight isn't a hot ticket.

This is probably the best post in the entire matter. and the bolded is the basis for why people have a legit gripe.

We all know had this been Floyd being the smaller fighter going up against a bigger man who was one of the best in the world, and that man came in overweight,

they'd be starting riots.

Floyd could stab their mothers right in the eye socket and they'd justify it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Flores View Post

This is probably the best post in the entire matter. and the bolded is the basis for why people have a legit gripe.

We all know had this been Floyd being the smaller fighter going up against a bigger man who was one of the best in the world, and that man came in overweight,

I understand what you mean, a lot of the Floyd nut huggers would defend him on anything, even some on the racism ****... which I called him out on and made it clear I was pissed off.

But, I just wanna say this goes for the haters too... a lot of them would **** on Floyd for no reason, just for the sake of ****ting on Floyd.... being negative about giving to the homeless, celebrating flag day in which 1 guy said "Floyd was disrespecting the flag" for having Mayweather on it, when lets face it he was trying to do the opposite.

It kinda goes both ways, there both as bad as each other.

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        i lost the last ounce of respect when you said my dog was ****sexual too....get help Al
        I just realized your post was a joke now!

Comment

keep posting FACTS for these haters AL!

Comment

Originally posted by ColtraneChanges View Post
            "This is a welterweight fight" is a disingenuous statement. It's pretty obvious that Floyd was being ambiguous on purpose. I think that's where most of the backlash stems from... if Floyd had no qualms about fighting at 147 from the beginning, he should have been forthright about it instead of *****footing for the last couple months. If anything it does cheapen Floyd's cred a little bit... the move maybe legally sound, but a ***** move nonetheless. This is the equivalent of being pulled over for going 36 in a 35 zone.
            I would agree with you 1000% if Floyd executed this ploy in a vacuum. But he didn't. If you read the articles, you will see that Marquez' promoter was fully complicit in the marketing technique.

Here's what i think happened: Oscar was stung by the criticism and "mismatch" discussion for his Pac fight. So they agreed to sell this as a catchweight fight - even though it wasn't. Floyd was making PUBLIC statements that he wasn't making 143/144. For months now. Did you ever hear Oscar/GBP say anything?

As the multiple articles and multiple sources demonstrate, Marquez' promoter was also teasing the 'wait til the weigh-in' angle. They knew what was up. And I think they are loving that everyone is discussing this fight.

The ONLY person who told you the truth was Mayweather. He has always said 'this is a welterweight fight".

Disingenuous? Floyd said "I'm not weighing 143. i weigh what i weigh". How much more clear could he be? Floyd's culpability is that Mayweather Promotions shares the way the fight is sold. You can't sit back and listen to Oscar lie and not address it.

This is boxing. You're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

the weigh in is all psychological anyways... its all bout come fight night.. and I'm sure floyd will be treating sept. 19th like another day in the gym since he's always actively fighting at a comfortable weight... which means he'll most likely gain 1 or 2 lbs. overnight...

Come fight night jmm and floyd will be at least 5 lb. difference... weigh in is just mind games

Comment

too bad there are no facts and only opinions. but it comes out to the best post to hater.

Al's posting facts. s o **** all the nonesense

Comment

Tom, who is this cryptic "they"?

Is that a code?

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    He humped my leg. I call it as I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by sycomantz View Post
                      too bad there are no facts and only opinions. but it comes out to the best post to hater.

Al's posting facts. s o **** all the nonesense
                      Heres some facts,

Floyd had been welterweight champion since 11/06.

Not once has he fought Margarito, Mosley, Cotto, Williams, or Clottey,

but they're all fighting eachother.

Too bad your guy doesn't have the balls to fight people in his own weight divison. Instead he brings up guys from lower weight classes, Ricky Hatton a jr. welterweight, and JMM, a lightweight for 2 fights.

and against that lightweight,

he had to trick him to get him to fight.

Facts, lets deal with them.

Comment

Working...
                      X