Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua is Eager To Put Some Real Hurt on Oleksandr Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert is gonna have AJ go in there and pitty pat for 2-3 rounds then try and pick up the pace. Which will not work! He’ll try to get AJ to save a bit of energy for mid to later rounds. One camp is not enough time to build proper chemistry. I boxed, I know.

Comment

AJ's biggest problem is he's mentally shot, there's no swagger, no confidence to his work and there hasn't been for a long time.

This doesn't play well vs a master boxer, being all on edge and over thinking.

I don't know if this can be fixed, but I do give Joshua a chance in the fight, I was hesitant to even give him that but a few little things I'm seeing lately make me think he might actually pull this off, just esoteric stuff but it feels like another surprise result may be coming.
      arumhaymonhearn arumhaymonhearn likes this.

Comment

Joshua has no confidence in his own punch resistance so will be unable to succeed with any tactic that entails him moving into usykks firing line.
        arumhaymonhearn arumhaymonhearn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
          We all know AJ cannot outbox him, so he will try and blow him out. But since Usyk knows this, it is only a matter of a few rounds before AJ gasses
          This

Comment

You have to remember, this is the rematchroom hypejob that lost to the modern day Butterbean & Butterbean might have been better than Ruiz

As soon as Usyk lands that straight left down the pipe again, he'll go back into his shell. See he got to comfortable fighting shot 38-41 year olds milking casuals.
            Last edited by Bob; 07-01-2022, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Can't be tentative, that's for sure.
              Can't be reckless either.

Win/lose at what you do best.
              That's all a guy can do.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
                Can't be tentative, that's for sure.
                Can't be reckless either.
                What a fantastic piece of analysis Bodybagz, thanks for educating us all.

This man is a true boxing savant.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

What a fantastic piece of analysis Bodybagz, thanks for educating us all.

This man is a true boxing savant.
                  Soooo.....MFers read essays up in here

Don't overthink it.

Comment

And Usyk is eager to ko Joshua.

We sometimes forget how accomplished Usyk is. Undefeated former undisputed cruiserweight champion. Sure, not a great weight division, but still impressive to have been undisputed.

A guy that outboxed the powerful Beterbiev and Joyce in the amateurs, not to be sneezed at.

He's not the biggest puncher at heavyweight, obviously, but can hurt opponents and knock them out with an accumulation of punches. Money on Usyk, but I don't say Joshua doesn't have a chance.
                    ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Soooo.....MFers read essays up in here

Don't overthink it.
                      EXACTLY! Don’t complicate the cornflakes

Comment

Working...
                      X