Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora Believes Joshua Must Be Willing To Get Knocked Out To Defeat Usyk In Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chisora Believes Joshua Must Be Willing To Get Knocked Out To Defeat Usyk In Rematch

Veteran British heavyweight Derek Chisora believes Anthony Joshua needs to be willing to get flattened on the canvas if he has any hopes of defeating Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

hes getting knocked out anyway regardless wether hes willing or not usyk top league gutless wilder ducker aj a conference league fighter no heart no chin

Comment

I feel more comfortable with an AJ win if he was in camp with Beterbiev and his trainer or Spence and Derek James than Robert Garcia in Oxnard. You have a bigger and stronger man vs a dancer, need to kill the dancer's legs while being defensively responsible enough to catch his return combo with your gloves. Beterbiev and Spence are 2 of the best to do it. Garcia trains wreckless brawlers, Mikey Garcia and Tomas Dulorme. People have to be kidding if they think he is a good fit. AJ will have to find his way into the rematch on his own.

Comment

Everyone's got opinion. Chisoras should train josh
        marauder22 marauder22 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
          hes getting knocked out anyway regardless wether hes willing or not usyk top league gutless wilder ducker aj a conference league fighter no heart no chin
          come on now, these are pro fighters who risk they’re lives for our entertainment. To say AJ has no heart is ridiculous thing to say. Especially when you haven’t accomplished nothing in you’re own life.

Comment

Derek has made a good point
            OldTerry OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jikeccfc View Post
              Why do you keep calling Wilder, a gutless ducker? I mean your correct of course, but don't hit a man while he's down.

Comment

I believe Derek Chisora has a good point. AJ needs to get back to his regular style of seek and destroy. Obviously he needs to be defensive in his approach but the way AJ became heavyweight champion is from using his power behind the jab, setting things up and going after people. Losing to Ruiz was humiliating to AJ but he has to remember that he put Ruiz down first. Then for some reason he wasn't holding on when Ruiz started attacking him and that's the reason why AJ got knocked out. Had AJ held on, then given himself a round or so to recover then he could've went after and knocked out Ruiz. I feel like Joshua's style permanently changed after his fight with Ruiz. With Usyk, he can't outbox him but he can lean on him, throw more body punches and take more risks like Chisora was mentioning in this article. If Joshua doesn't and he employs a safety first approach and is afraid of getting hit then Usyk will beat him again very easily this time.

All of the great heavyweight fighters such as Louis, Ali, Lewis, Holyfield, Foreman, Holmes all have gotten hit but they had that special quality that kept them fighting. Hopefully Joshua can bring back his original style of fighting. If he loses this fight with Usyk, then as a champion he is done.

Comment

Most fighters who can bang a bit, are all seek and destroy when? They are coming through the ranks.

But then at World Class and Elite level, you need to add more things to your game.

Joshua was still seek and destroy, when he first became world champion. But it was after the Ruiz Junior I loss, were he then completely started to neglect his mid-range offense.

His punch technique and combination punch ability, has been way off for a long time. Meanwhile his movement, and maybe even defense improved slightly.

His punching power, durability and endurance have all gone out the window. Whenever Joshua comes in at 240 pounds or just under, all of those attributes decrease.

The lighter he gets, the more it decreases. His endurance was by far more superior vs Kiltschko and he was 250 pounds.

I don't think Joshua should go back to being that Heavy, but 240/239 pounds is too light. It is not just the number I am looking at, it is his actual performances physically 'Otherwise I would not even mention the weight'. Sometimes weights effect fighters differently? David Haye was most dangerous when he was under 220 pounds, Wilder's power does not seem to have improved even though he was 20 pounds heavier than he was in the first Fury fight.

The lighter Joshua gets, EVERYTHING just seems to decrease. I don't even think he is faster, not by much anyway. So why is he repressing himself, Joshua just needs to embrace his innate strengths.

I don't think Joshua has been a big puncher for sometime now. There was a point were, it was debatable on who was the biggest puncher in the heavyweight division.

It was between Joshua & Wilder. Deontay Wider was not always regarded as the biggest puncher out right.

But when Joshua started to repress his innate abilities, obsess over being all intricate and technical. His punching power and overall strength went backwards.

I don't think Joshua needs to be dramatic in this rematch. People are over exaggerating, when they say all he can do is go all out 'And hope for the best'.

I believe Joshua needs to mixed it up, he did not mixed it up in the first fight. All Joshua done was play a game of tick, and even still he bashed up and battered Usyk.

People seem to overlook, that Uysk has never before in a fight sustained so much damage. Both Joshua & Chisora battered Uysk.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-30-2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Chisora said the truth, he cant fight scared, last fight he fought scared and was even dazed in the early rounds. He basically panicked when Usyk started comign at him from all angles and he couldnt land. He was afraid to get hit more. Chisora used his size/strength/power against Usyk, made Usyk the one to have to fight cautiously not the other way around. Yeah he lost but it was his only chance to win, you arent going to outbox a faster Usyk you have to pressure him. AJ was trying to box defensively and hope for one big shot to come through and turn the fight around and it never happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X