Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora Believes Joshua Must Be Willing To Get Knocked Out To Defeat Usyk In Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derek right on the money, and my assessment of Joshua is he's a bit gun shy and that's a problem at this level. I even give Wilder credit for going 4 broke! I believe at one point he wasn't like this when he won against Klitschko, however after facing Andy it's more of the same he ran in the second fight and was scarred ****less, and aginst Kubrat he wasn't really challenged enough! If he gets a new heart he will be hell to deal with but outside of that he's very ordinary.

Comment

Chisora's assessment is common sense to me. Joshua is not going to outbox Usyk, so the only path to victory is a possible knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
        Derek right on the money, and my assessment of Joshua is he's a bit gun shy and that's a problem at this level. I even give Wilder credit for going 4 broke! I believe at one point he wasn't like this when he won against Klitschko, however after facing Andy it's more of the same he ran in the second fight and was scarred ****less, and aginst Kubrat he wasn't really challenged enough! If he gets a new heart he will be hell to deal with but outside of that he's very ordinary.

Yeah mentally hes ruined, he has no confidence anymore. And yeah Wladimir fight he got up the canvas and pressed forward. maybe Ruiz was different because he was expecting an easy night and actually got stopped. Fighting scared in the rematch worked with an even fatter Ruiz with slow feet, but fighting scared with a quicker Usyk is entirely the wrong strategy.

The way AJ is blaming his old trainers and not fully accepted why he lost last fight doesnt make me give him much chance in the rematch with Usyk, I think we will see more of the same. I dont think he has changed much since RUiz 1.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

I don't think Joshua needs to be dramatic in this rematch. People are over exaggerating, when they say all he can do is go all out 'And hope for the best'.

I believe Joshua needs to mixed it up, he did not mixed it up in the first fight. All Joshua done was play a game of tick, and even still he bashed up and battered Usyk.
          He doesn't have to go all out but he is going to have to do something with Usyk legs in the 1st half of the fight. Actually, stands right in front of you bobbing and weaving putting together quick combos, and sliding out left or right. Either you catch some of that work with your gloves or it's a face-smashing for another 12 rounds. Since AJ is not going to Joe Frazier or Mike Tyson his way to Usyk, he'll need to do something similar to Spence and Beterbiev catching with the gloves. I have not seen a fighter in Oxnard do that. Maybe EsNews and I missed the sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by mjh1969 View Post
            I believe Derek Chisora has a good point. AJ needs to get back to his regular style of seek and destroy. Obviously he needs to be defensive in his approach but the way AJ became heavyweight champion is from using his power behind the jab, setting things up and going after people. Losing to Ruiz was humiliating to AJ but he has to remember that he put Ruiz down first. Then for some reason he wasn't holding on when Ruiz started attacking him and that's the reason why AJ got knocked out. Had AJ held on, then given himself a round or so to recover then he could've went after and knocked out Ruiz. I feel like Joshua's style permanently changed after his fight with Ruiz. With Usyk, he can't outbox him but he can lean on him, throw more body punches and take more risks like Chisora was mentioning in this article. If Joshua doesn't and he employs a safety first approach and is afraid of getting hit then Usyk will beat him again very easily this time.

All of the great heavyweight fighters such as Louis, Ali, Lewis, Holyfield, Foreman, Holmes all have gotten hit but they had that special quality that kept them fighting. Hopefully Joshua can bring back his original style of fighting. If he loses this fight with Usyk, then as a champion he is done.
            I think you nailed it. Joshua, after losing to Ruiz is now gun-shy mentally. Because of this he will never again be the force he was.

Comment

Don't worry Del , Joshua will be knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

He doesn't have to go all out but he is going to have to do something with Usyk legs in the 1st half of the fight. Actually, stands right in front of you bobbing and weaving putting together quick combos, and sliding out left or right. Either you catch some of that work with your gloves or it's a face-smashing for another 12 rounds. Since AJ is not going to Joe Frazier or Mike Tyson his way to Usyk, he'll need to do something similar to Spence and Beterbiev catching with the gloves. I have not seen a fighter in Oxnard do that. Maybe EsNews and I missed the sparring.
                Well, if Joshua could actually fight a good big man styled fight. This fight would be a straight forward in terms of tactics.

There is no way, that Usyk would instill such confusion in Tyson Fury, Lennox Lewis, Wladimir Kiltschko or even Riddick Bowe. All great Super Heavyweights in my opinion, would know exactly how to fight Usyk.

All those things you have just mentioned about Usyk, could all be completely shut down if Joshua could actually Jab like a great super heavyweight.

I would like to see Joshua take the center of the ring, and immediately establish a violent and authoritative jab. This is what I want to see, but? I am not expecting this to be the game plan of Joshua & Garcia.

Joshua's jab is sometimes good, but it can then be very passive 'Shades of David Price'.

I think Joshua is going to mixed things up, use more of his mid-range offense, and even attempt to wrestle Usyk on the inside 'Break the action now and again, and disrupt the fight'.

I expect Joshua to come in heavier for this fight. His strength, durability, endurance and punching power all go out the window when Joshua is around 240 pounds and under etc.
                Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-30-2022, 06:40 PM.

Comment

When it comes to losing, losing a UD > GKTFO
                  When it's left to judges, anything can happen.
                  Forget badges of honor and going out on your shield.
                  That only works for winners, D level guys and under dogs.

If it's a back and forth life or death fight, then a KO L would be acceptable.
                  I don't think AJ's career can survive getting stretched by Usyk.
                  That would be the period to AJ's reign and the beginning of Usyk's.

Comment

Working...
                  X