Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Fury Backs Anthony Joshua To Beat Oleksandr Usyk in Their Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Fury Backs Anthony Joshua To Beat Oleksandr Usyk in Their Rematch

John Fury has given his backing to Anthony Joshua to defeat Oleksandr Usyk in their world heavyweight title rematch and has teased that his son Tyson Fury could return to face his compatriot if he is successful.
    [Click Here To Read More]

so he doesn't "back" him to win then just thinks its possible
    RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Comment

Wow that is a true shocker.

Comment

Sorry Big John, there's no more oil in the can, AJ knows he gasses too easily and doesn't believe in his stamina, that's why he has to fight in his measured pace. He has enough brains, if anything, he's overly cerebral because he's in there thinking, but mainly about, "what if I get tired?", so he ends up leaving us wishing he had let his hands go more. Think about guys like Larry Holmes or even Big George foreman when he was young. These men started fast and had good work rates because they had real confidence in their conditioning. A lot of guys today don't always have that kinda confidence in their stamina so they lay back and wait for something to happen instead of making it happen by forcing the fight

Comment

John wants AJ to win to have son and Joshua at Wembley in front of a packed crowd.

I favour Usyk to win again, but Joshua has a puncher's chance I guess.

Gotta give credit to AJ, he's a big moneymaker but took a fight in Usyk he didnt have to last year, as Canelo with Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            John wants AJ to win to have son and Joshua at Wembley in front of a packed crowd.

Gotta give credit to AJ, he's a big moneymaker but took a fight in Usyk he didnt have to last year, as Canelo with Bivol.
            Usyk was the WBO mandatory. Since Fury was forced to honor the rematch clause against Wilder Joshua went with getting the WBO mando out of the way. After Usyk’s performances against Witherspoon & Chisora I doubt many gave Usyk much of a chance against Joshua.
            Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
              Sorry Big John, there's no more oil in the can, AJ knows he gasses too easily and doesn't believe in his stamina, that's why he has to fight in his measured pace. He has enough brains, if anything, he's overly cerebral because he's in there thinking, but mainly about, "what if I get tired?", so he ends up leaving us wishing he had let his hands go more. Think about guys like Larry Holmes or even Big George foreman when he was young. These men started fast and had good work rates because they had real confidence in their conditioning. A lot of guys today don't always have that kinda confidence in their stamina so they lay back and wait for something to happen instead of making it happen by forcing the fight
              Being a “perfectionist” is also a major flaw of his. Nothing he does seems to be instinct or reflexes. Agree about his mundane pace of pawing out a jab. He doesn’t even do it to gauge distance. Towards the end of Usyk/AJ 1 Joshua actually looked quite petrified to say the least!
              blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

So when he says he "backs" Joshua to win I'm feeling he'd LIKE him to win, not that he necessarily believes he's GOING to win.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
                  So when he says he "backs" Joshua to win I'm feeling he'd LIKE him to win, not that he necessarily believes he's GOING to win.
                  There’s never not once on this forum when someone said they back a fighter was it a question of they are picking a winner .

Now that it’s A.J here we go ,now it’s means something else .

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post

No, you do NOT have to give ANYONE credit for facing a difficult mandatory instead of dropping a belt. He did what he was supposed to do.

Comment

Working...
                    X