Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edgar Berlanga On Fighting Jesse Hart Next: If Money's Right, We Make It Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People finally realising this guy's not very good huh?

Should never have been hyped up in the first place.

Comment

If Jesse Hart was still fighting in the 168 pound then, that would be a good test for Edgar Berlanga's progression.
      The fact of the matter is that Hart's been a 175 pounder for the past 3 years, if he were to move down to 168 to fight Berlanga.
      There would be complaint's about Berlanga's team gaining an unfair advantage by fighting a weight drained Hart.
      I also don't think that having a longer than usual break between fights, will help him out in any way shape or form.
      Berlanga should fight regularly, and often 4 times a year, in order for him to maintain a level of sharpness, and on the job training.
      As for his next opponent there's Rosado, Mosley Jr., Davis, Sims Jr., Ellis, Fox, Ware, Douglin, Newman II, and Jacobs.

Comment

If you look at his last few fights, the wins are good enough to put him top 15 in the division, so why all the hate? He was overhyped, I’m not gonna take that out on him though. I swear the vast majority of boxing fans don’t like boxing. Does anybody have the slightest idea the skill and dedication it takes to become top 15 in the world in a weight division in this sport?

A couple more wins and that puts him top 10, I think that will be his ceiling, I don’t see a huge rate of improvement. Maybe a Joe Smith Jr fight at that point at MSG. That’d be a winnable fight for both guys, both Top Rank, big money on the live gate.

Ricardi Ricardi likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post
          If you look at his last few fights, the wins are good enough to put him top 15 in the division, so why all the hate? He was overhyped, I’m not gonna take that out on him though. I swear the vast majority of boxing fans don’t like boxing. Does anybody have the slightest idea the skill and dedication it takes to become top 15 in the world in a weight division in this sport?

A couple more wins and that puts him top 10, I think that will be his ceiling, I don’t see a huge rate of improvement. Maybe a Joe Smith Jr fight at that point at MSG. That’d be a winnable fight for both guys, both Top Rank, big money on the live gate.
          I think he can Improve a decent amount , we gotta remember he basically only has 4 fights of real experience. The first 16 fights did nothing for him , he's far from a finished product . Right now i'd say he's were Munguia was after the Denis Hogan fight which since he's been able improve although his last fight might leave that in doubt lol

Comment

Im always the first to bash bumfighters but all kidding aside, this guys got plenty of people talking about him, good for him and his self promotion. It's a tough, unforgiving sport to put your body through.

Comment

Waiting patiently for this kid to get humiliated. He’s got the wrong attitude which is why he isn’t gonna get any better.

i didn’t see any significant improvements in this last fight compared to the fight he had against rolls. That power doesn’t look legit any more. He’s easy to hit, his gas tank is trash, and he doesn’t appear to be mentally tough when things don’t go his way.

he’s getting stopped if he fights anyone with power & a pulse

Comment

Hart would beat Berlanga unless he’s lost a step

Comment

Originally posted by MGalante View Post
                  He’s a less skilled Jeff lacy without the athletic ability of lacy. If the money is right lol. This dude thinks he’s a household name. That’s what’s wrong with boxing.
                  Right! "If the money's right." Boy.....GTFOH! Who are you again???

These guys think their social media followings equate to actual PAYING fans. It's a well known fact that most fighters just aren't all that smart and I get it, but Berlanga just needs to realize he has some heavy lifting to do.

The KO Streak was good enough to get him there, but he has to do the work that we don't see in order to bring himself up to that point. If he's not listening already, then I can't say what happens next.
                  Last edited by MeanestNiceGuy; 06-13-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

This clown is an embarrassment to every Puerto Rican out there Why are we talking about seeing this travailing circus? belongs back in the B section of boxers!

Comment

Please spare us another embarrassment, Subriel Matias is a better representation of the Puerto Rican Heart! Berlanga just a B class thug with a good press agent. NO MAS Please!!!!! They hiring at the post office..

Comment

Working...
                      X