Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo, Tim Tszyu Reach Terms For Mandatory Title Fight, Avoid Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn I remember a few years ago I use to like Mall better than Mell. Mell just seemed like a hothead for no reason. I’ve definitely flipped my favorite Charlo since then...Jermell has shown time and time again now he’s not scared of a challenge. Have to respect that. Still has the attitude but when you aren’t scared to back it up, you deserve respect from boxing fans.

Props for Tim for taking a big challenge so soon in his career. I think he bit off more then he can chew with this one though. I don’t think he’ll see the final bell the way he takes shots. Jermell is a huge step up compared to who he’s been in with so far.

Looking forward to this one

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Boxingscene - why the hell is Mell NOT on this list - WTF??? https://www.boxingscene.com/rankings/pound-for-pound
      It's a crime no p4p lists have him.

Comment

Jermell showing how a champion should really move. Respect.

I've always liked Jermell more than Jermall though. I just felt that adversity always sharpened him more and made him a more willing fighter. I wouldn't call myself a fan of either Charlo though but I can respect how Jermell moves, even Jermall too though.
        The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
          Would rather see him Fight Fundora which is not going to happen he will give up the title WBC
          Damn dude. This is good news. Save the hate for after.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

37 fights and not one elite level opponent. Yawn. He’s already lining up a duck of Crawford if he moves to 154.
            He’s lining up a duck of a guy that hasn’t fought above 147. Lmfao. Crawford my not even go to 154.

Damn Ghost you really hate successful black boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

He’s lining up a duck of a guy that hasn’t fought above 147. Lmfao. Crawford my not even go to 154.

Damn Ghost you really hate successful black boxers.
              How am I hating black boxers if I'm a fan of Crawford? Is he not black enough for you? You're a race-obsessed idiot. Once again bringing race into a topic where it has nothing to do with anything.

Comment

How am I hating black boxers if I'm a fan of Crawford? Is he not black enough for you? You're a race-obsessed idiot. Once again bringing race into a topic where it has nothing to do with anything.
                Your argument is flawed though which is why you didn’t reply to the guys comment.

You said if Tim was any other name he would get the fight.

The fight was ordered by the WBO and is his mandatory.

Which elite 154lbers should Charlo be fighting?

The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Your argument is flawed though which is why you didn’t reply to the guys comment.

You said if Tim was any other name he would get the fight.

The fight was ordered by the WBO and is his mandatory.

Which elite 154lbers should Charlo be fighting?
                  I did reply to his comment. Sanctioning bodies are corrupt. They each rank different fighters at the top, how is that even possible? One guy can just be launched to the top of the rankings in under 20 fights. He hasn't beaten anyone and certainly isn't a very polished fighter to be granted a title fight ahead of everyone else. Why hasn't Charlo fought Lara the entire them they've been at 154? Why is he immediately throwing shade at Crawford who said he wants to move to 154 to fight for titles? Shouldn't Charlo welcome the challenge of a proven champion? He is thriving in a weak division, some new blood should be a welcome addition, but he sees Bud as a legitimate threat.

Comment

Imagine blaming pbc for a fighter fighting his mandatory lmao

Comment

Since when are you a fan of his? That’s new.

In this instance race has everything to do with your comments about Charlo’s resume. He unified, he’s fought Harrison and Castano 2x, Rosario, and other quality opponents. Yet you criticize his resume.

There is only one reason you’re doing that.

Added to this, you’re complaining when he’s making a mandatory forced on him by the WBO.

There is nothing here to criticize him for.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-13-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X