Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: That First Knockdown, I Came Up Completely Blank; Hardest Punch I've Ever Been Hit With

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaire needs to retire now and it’ll be sad to see him go. He was the last of a dying breed as far as boxers who were truly willing to test themselves against the best fighters available. Not like these current guys who pretend that’s the case but are more businessmen than boxer.

Comment

A great moment captured after the fight with Naoya: on the way back to the locker-room, the fans in attendance honored the 'Filipino-Flash' with a well deserved standing ovation.

Suddenly, one of the supervisors takes a violent fall and the first one to react and come to his aid is the injured-concussed and heavy-hearted Nonito Donaire, who's dream was just shattered -- even though there were other officials present and nearby to help their colleague.

That really says it all about Nonito. Thank you champ.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

A great moment captured after the fight with Naoya: on the way back to the locker-room, the fans in attendance honored the 'Filipino-Flash' with a well deserved standing ovation.

Suddenly, one of the supervisors takes a violent fall and the first one to react and come to his aid is the injured-concussed and heavy-hearted Nonito Donaire, who's dream was just shattered -- even though there were other officials present and nearby to help their colleague.

That really says it all about Nonito. Thank you champ.
        Got me wiping a tear from my left eye. Just simple things like that show the strength of character of a great champion, even in defeat.

Comment

I hope Donaire moves down to 115 to fight the winner of Nietes vs Ioka. He'd still be the favorite in that fight, and if he won he'd be the sixth male five division champion in history (joining Hearns, Leonard, De La Hoya, Mayweather, and Pacquiao).

Inoue was too much for him but Ioka and Nietes are more washed than Nonito.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Got me wiping a tear from my left eye. Just simple things like that show the strength of character of a great champion, even in defeat.

Yes sir. This moment reminded me of when Naoya Inoue sent the Muhammad Ali cup from the first ever WBSS 118 tournament to Donaire so that he honor his promise to his children, that he would bring them back the trophy.

Comment

Yes sir. This moment reminded me of when Naoya Inoue sent the Muhammad Ali cup from the first ever WBSS 118 tournament to Donaire so that he honor his promise to his children, that he would bring them back the trophy.
              I didn’t know he did that, damn.

Comment

That was one gem of a punch by Inoue. Ward could tell by the look in his eyes he had no clue what happened.

Nonito is a class act and he's always entertained. Whatever he chooses to do, he's earned it. Nothing else to prove but he can still compete at a very high level.

Comment

Is this a fact ?

That’s fughin awesome

True class
                  dannnnn dannnnn eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Is this a fact ?

That’s fughin awesome

True class

Absolutely 100% true
                    1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment