Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you approve of Eddie Hearn's strict protection program for Conor Benn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you approve of Eddie Hearn's strict protection program for Conor Benn?

Oh man Benn's last fight was Chris Van Heerden. It's a step down fight.
    Don't know why boxing commissions allow these dangerous mismatches to happen.
    I won't mention UK specifically because it happens everywhere.

It's discouraging for any fighter to feel he's not ready for prime time. I'd feel very low
    if I'm that fighter.

No. They’re conning the mentally feeble into believing Conor is something he is not. Ekow Essuman vs Conor Benn is a 50/50 fight for me. Yet delusional morons try tell you Conor is “world level”.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      No. They’re conning the mentally feeble into believing Conor is something he is not. Ekow Essuman vs Conor Benn is a 50/50 fight for me. Yet delusional morons try tell you Conor is “world level”.
      Conor is probably world level but he gotta get taken out of the bubble wrap.

Comment

He's protecting Benn yet he also sacrificed Brook for giving Brook the fight he asked for against GGG

I suppose there is this precise middle ground you have to operate in

​​​​​​And yes I do approve, Benn is VERY OBVIOUSLY not ready for world level, we all know it, hearn knows it and so he's trying to develop the young fighter.

If hearn signed Benn vs Ennis tomorrow you'd all be calling him a moron who "cashed out Benn" lmao.
        4truth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Conor is probably world level but he gotta get taken out of the bubble wrap.
          I don’t see it. Depends on your definition of world level, but for me you have to have competed and succeeded at world level to be world level.

Would you consider Avanesyan world level for example? He’s a European level guy for me.

I wouldn’t know what level Benn is cause they’re so opposed to putting him in with anybody with a pulse.
          YGriffith likes this.

Comment

he seems to be improving, thought he would get absolutely nowhere at one point, now he should win a world title at somepoint, i think slow and steady is actually best for him, some guys dont make a big move until they are almost 30 and have a few good years after that if they can and make some decent cash

Comment

He would lose momentum eventually. Even when fighting Van Heerden types back to back. Right now he's in his element and I would rather pit him against the top guys now than later, if I were in full control of his fights.

We all have our own ups and downs. Not all fighters are fit in every fight. But Benn has been consistent. Mark my word, he'll eventually lose to a C-level fighter and not even get to fight at top level.

Comment

I have no problem with it. When you don’t have a belt you can fight who you want.

He’s been improving steadily so why not give him a few more fights before a world title shot?

Comment

According to Madison boxing Van heerden was a good fight
                  Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Conor Benn is doing well. If he did not big himself up all the time, and call out fighters he really should be respecting a bit more? Nobody would be complaining about his opponents.

Benn really had no amateur career, and had to learn things as a professional.

Sooner of later he will have to back up his talk. He talks as if he is the best Welter Weight in the UK.

But is he? I think people within boxing understand that if he really wanted to he could bypass many levels. And this is thanks to his name, and father's legacy.

People on here criticize Chirs Eubank Junior, but I think he has taken big fights and big challenges. Billy Joe Saunders, James Degale, Liam Williams, George Groves. Those are really big fights. Then of course he has had solid fights just below that level and won. Eubank Junior won the British title.

Nothing stopping Benn from fighting for the British title. A fight like that would be more meaningful than his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X