Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Admits He Nearly Called Out Tyson Fury For a Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact fury is bigger and quicker feet witha high boxong iq makes you realze any rematch wouldnt work. Jab grab and hold usually dont work against bigger opps. Keep politics out of sports. This is why i stopped watching disney owned espn

Comment

In retrospect, Wlad did the bare minimum he needed to in the ring to beat the competition he had during his runs as champion. I think this conservative mindset is what set him up for the upsets that happened.to him. I also think it made him fairly easy pickings for Fury, who loves to play to the weaknesses of the competition he faces. Klitschko likes sharp, controlled fights from distance, Fury made it close quarters and as ugly as 90 year old in a speedo.

Had he gotten that rematch he wanted immediately, "maybe" Wlad would have been more motivated and been more aggressive, forcing Fury to adjust. But Now? No way any sane person would ever bet on him to top Fury this far removed from his boxing career. No matter how motivated he is.

(Do not bring up Sugar Ray and Hagler analogies, you will get verbally beaten...)
      Marchegiano Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Fury beats any version of Wlad, he's just the more complete fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
          Tired of hearing him bitching about Russian athletes. I could see maybe if they're waving a Soviet flag or supporting the war, but otherwise leave them the hell alone, or did you forget how you earned a living? People don't understand that not everyone as is free to speak their mind in public on such matters. Apparently the completely embarrassing cancel culture treatment of Bivol wasn't enough. Oh that's right he said it's "it's nothing personal." Bivol said he has friends in Ukraine and wishes for peace. What more is he obligated to do?

What does that mean anyway? You "nearly called out" Tyson Fury? So you didn't even have the balls to call him out (Jake Paul called out Canelo for f's sake), which in itself means absolutely nothing and is a far cry from actually getting in the ring again. Stay in your lane Vlad, no one wants to see you get knocked out again, although I'm open minded to the idea.
          Reckon he's just old bud. He grew up with defections and I think that's what he wants now. It's not meant to punish fighters, it is meant to punish Russia. Like Ortiz and Cuba.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Reckon he's just old bud. He grew up with defections and I think that's what he wants now. It's not meant to punish fighters, it is meant to punish Russia. Like Ortiz and Cuba.
            Problem is it does punish the fighters and doesn't punish Russia. I understand his viewpoint but if someone can explain to me how preventing a boxer or a tennis player from competing somehow hurts Russia or the Russian Army I'm all ears. Even if they do defect. It's about as useless as the people waving "I stand with Ukraine" flags from their car windows in Florida. It does nothing. If Vlad wants to be a politician that's fine. Doesn't mean everyone else wants to be and it doesn't automatically make him right either. Thanks for the reply though I hadn't thought of it from the angle of actually pressuring the athletes to defect.

Comment

I used to like Wlad but this guy is a royal *******

So in the same interview he will talk about how he has a right to a comeback fight and immediate challenge to the heavyweight title when his last win was 7 years ago against brian jennings but then in the same breath say that Bivol has no right to earn a paycheck or defend his title and canelo has no right to fight any russian fighter.

Who the fuk is wlad to make comments on who can and cannot be allowed to fight and then be so arrogant to talk about a comeback when he hasnt won in 7 years and against a stiff at that.

fuk that guy

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                I used to like Wlad but this guy is a royal *******

So in the same interview he will talk about how he has a right to a comeback fight and immediate challenge to the heavyweight title when his last win was 7 years ago against brian jennings but then in the same breath say that Bivol has no right to earn a paycheck or defend his title and canelo has no right to fight any russian fighter.

Who the fuk is wlad to make comments on who can and cannot be allowed to fight and then be so arrogant to talk about a comeback when he hasnt won in 7 years and against a stiff at that.

fuk that guy
                Vitali could come back right now and enforce a title shot . I’m pretty sure everyone knows Wlad who hasn’t stopped training is the better fight and still a top guy should he come back . You are also assuming Wlad just jumps in the ring with Fury he could easily have quick tune up fights which I’m guessing he’ll do anyway if he decides to try and reclaim any type of belt ,that’s just common sense after out of the ring this long .

In comparison Wilder hasn’t won a fight in years either and is not Klitschko but people are awaiting his return . Make the Wilder vs Klitschko fight I bet Wlad sparks him and in the same conversations Wilder vs Fury 4 is realistic ?
                Last edited by REDEEMER; 05-19-2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X