Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia-Jimmy 'Kilrain' Kelly Set, June 11 At Honda Center In Anaheim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still won't get over how close we were to getting Charlo vs Munguia and then that somehow led to us getting Charlo vs Sulecki and Munguia vs Kelly. Boxing is a funny sport often times...unfortunately.

What happened with the Jacobs match up at 164?
    Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      lol whoo???
      Wythenshaw kid, lives about 20 mins from me... I saw him fight once on the Lee - Saunders undercard, against Beefy I think. He got splattered.

Bizarre though, always thought he was going nowhere - not thought of him in years, but I'd missed that he beat Kanat Islam back in February for the WBO global so I guess he kinda earned the shot. Not to speak poorly of the local lad but I can't see this going well for him TBH although I'll be rooting for him. Hope he gets reasonably paid at least.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
        Not much different than 99% of Andrade's entire resume, funny how Munguia gets crap for doing the same thing though.
        Andrade isn't getting off. What are you talking about? Half these guys call him Doo Doo. When these guys aren't in love, they talk boxing.
        AeroED AeroED Sosay Sosay like this.

Comment

This is pathetic! Oscar should be ashamed of himself! Munguia NEVER challenged Andrade for the WBO title, even though Andrade was on DAZN! Then he doesn't challenge Charlo, because "DAZN is not involved!" Straight garbage! Then he swerves Alimkhanuly for a title, but chooses to fight Jimmy Kelly? WTF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            And I thought Charlo was bad, my gosh. Goldenboy with the "hold my beer" move
            Munguia's "I'm young with no amatuer experience" excuse will only get him so much leeway. He's being active, but he really needs stiffer competition. He had the mandatory spot when Andrade held the WBO belt, but GBP never enforced it. He had the Jermall fight, and GBP let it slip through their fingers. GBP is taking the slow road with Munguia because I think the ultimate goal is to match him with Golovkin, which is probably the correct move.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 05-18-2022, 02:28 PM.
            AeroED AeroED likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Andrade isn't getting off. What are you talking about? Half these guys call him Doo Doo. When these guys aren't in love, they talk boxing.
              Trust there are many Andrade apologists, who defend that crap resume. Just asking them what his biggest win is drives them insane.

Comment

Did we really expect to see him in there with a good opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                  Not much different than 99% of Andrade's entire resume, funny how Munguia gets crap for doing the same thing though.
                  Because Munguia is SCARED of Andrade, and everyone knows that! GBP is a joke! Ryan Garcia SCARED of Devin Haney! He won't fight Tank, but he'll fight Pitbull! Munguia SCARED of Boo-Boo Andrade, and SCARED of Jermall Charlo, but he'll fight 40-yr. old GGG! I thought Vergil was going to be a star, now he comes up with Rhabdo! B-Hop, jump ship, ASAP!
                  AeroED AeroED Sosay Sosay like this.

Comment

Gimme Jimmy

Comment

Munguia is 39 - 0 and not one championship fight. Oscar thinks he is playing us. He is a horrible guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X