Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde: I'll Be Looking To Destroy The Winner of Beterbiev vs. Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When he says "destroy", he means what exactly? Break their fists with his face?

Comment

Well at least yarde willing to step up to the challenge ,beterbiev will need to clse year with another fight if he beats smith jr also if bivol runs it back with the ginger
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Yarde is dreaming. Bivol or Zurdo will have 1st shot at that winner.
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Lions in the camp. Empty the tank.

Comment

This bodybuilder should fight Pascal or Chilemba first.

Comment

Either guy knocks out Yarde. Another british fighter like D. Whyte. Why do trash fighters do the most trash talking?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyDeebo! View Post
                Well at least yarde willing to step up to the challenge ,beterbiev will need to clse year with another fight if he beats smith jr also if bivol runs it back with the ginger
                I mean, that is a depressing but solid point. Most observers do think Alvarez (who can still make any fighter in 3 divisions rich) likely will exercise his rematch clause. So the Beterbiev-Smith winner (Beterbiev) will need something to stay active. I guess Yarde will at least be a fun build up to a match and an interesting fight while it lasts.

Comment

Beterbiev wins by homicide. Even Smith Jr. would beat Yarde. I have no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post

I agree the Kovalev loss hasn’t aged very well considering Kovalev went on to lose to Canelo, but with the lack of amateur experience one could argue that Yarde was still a work in progress.

In any case, Yarde-Beterbiev would be a war, I’d watch it in a heartbeat (I don’t think Joe Smith has much of a chance).
                    Context is a funny thing.

Yarde as pretty much a Novice pro went to ****** to fight a full training camp Kovalev in his back yard

They had a very physical fight and Yarde was on the verge of getting Kovalev out of there but lacked that little bit of finishing polish, Kovalev then managed to stop an exhausted Yarde who had failed to pace himself, it was a tough fight for both men and Kovalev won with a bit of veteran nous.

Then 5 weeks later while probably still sore from the Yarde fight same Kovalev takes a payday to go and fight the P4P King, wins the first 11 rounds before getting stopped in the dying moments of the fight.

It's easy to spin it as Yarde got ktfo by a guy who then got ktfo by a middleweight but if you apply context to the situation there's more to it than that.

I'm not a massive Yarde fan at all but he's clearly got some solid physical ability and talent, but he's still novicey and that guy he had training him until after the Kovalev fight was a N absoloute chancer which didn't help.

Comment

I really can't stand this bum. Was one of the most protected prospects ever until they threw him into the deep end with Kovalev, but that KO was hilarious Why can't Frank make Yarde vs Callum Johnson already FFS
                      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X