Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor Benn on Keith Thurman: That's the Main Fight I Want Out of the Whole Bunch; I'd Be Too Much for Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More likely they fight Barrios and claim it's being done to set up a future Thurman fight 'if we can knock him out it's a statement as Keef went the distance' type thing.
    Seanv Seanv likes this.

Comment

Wish it were possible as it be a great fight but doubt PBC would allow that to happen. Thurman is thier "ace" in thier pocket should Crawford vs Spence falls through.
      Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

What a pile of ****. Haymon is always open to doing business. When he first started the PBC every promoter hated and wanted it to fail some even sued. Now they all crying like ho's and blaming him.The PBC will always be on top
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Benn you are trying to whisper across a pond to fight someone who died in 2017, he was reincarnated then killed by a ghost of Pacman in 2019 as well. Maybe you should try fighting the living. Boots. Ortiz, Stanios have not died yet, might give them a call, makes some fans, have a real contest. Just a thought, you do you though.

Comment

Benn wins, Thurman is finished, power and killer instinct are not there anymore, ambition at an all time low as well.
            NachoMan NachoMan likes this.

Comment

I like what Benn is saying but let's be real.... As far as Thurman is concerned Benn doesn't exist. He openly denied knowing who Boots is and they both fight for PBC knowing damn well he knows who Boots is. Once Upon a Time will have a million and 1 excuses as to why he is too good to fight a Benn level guy.
              Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Interesting that Benn is always calling out fighters that are unavailable to fight him yet fighters that are available he has no interest in. Thurman gives him a boxing lesson.

Comment

As I was saying in another thread: these fights Benn is mentioning are as likely as me fighting Mayweather on the moon.

What would beating Connor Benn do for Keith Thurman? Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    Why Thurman? Why not another up and coming contender like Boots? Call out Boots, make him look like a scrub if he doesn’t fight you. Have some canines man, have some self respect. If you know you have too much for someone on the slide then don’t fight him, fight someone who you don’t know you have too much for. What is this???? And let me guess, all these Haymon aligned fighters have to go to the U.K. and fight on dayzin right?
                    Thurman is the fighter that every up and coming WW wants a crack at, and for good reason. What smart fighter wouldn't go after a high-profile, American former unified champion with only one loss (to a legend) who insiders know just doesn't have his heart in the game anymore? Sure, calling out Boots Ennis would ballsy as hell, but who takes a fight they are most likely going to lose before they've made any money in the game? Nobody smart. Thurman isn't a walkover for anyone, but its a winnable fight more than worth the risk for Benn and he'll get a ton of cred if he wins it impressively.
                    Last edited by NachoMan; 05-16-2022, 10:48 AM.
                    Ragga1 Ragga1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Seanv View Post
                      Benn is wild and would probably get clipped bad by an experienced fighter with some power.
                      I don't think Benn's wild at all. He is a fast pressure fighter, but he looks more and more disciplined and composed every time out. Thurman won't take that fight unless he's paid very handsomely but I think that's a 50/50 fight.
                      Seanv Seanv likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X