Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis: Ain't No Fighter Scared Of Nobody; They Just Make Smart Business Decisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
    Ennis is telling it like it is. Most professional fighters (especially the upper level) have been involved in boxing since they were little kids. Nothing that happens in the ring scares them. Managers, promoters, and trainer have the fear but that’s financially driven.
    Ive been saying this in here for years a first class carpenter doesn't fear building a house, a professional doesn't fear his job, and the majority in the forums beating the biggest hate drum on fighters have never boxed a day in their lives let alone for real, they have a warped idea of how boxing really is, for many casuals, it is a fight behind the shed, the biggest death stare wins.

Boxing is a business, the better a fighter becomes the more managed he becomes, his path is being planned via the most profitable route that is the lowest risk of getting beat which derails the business plan, fear doesn't come into it, strategies getting to the top and to keep on winning is all they care about.
    Mike con Mike con likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post

Al Haymon controls showtime. Espinoza is his cuck. Ennis has already passed up on fights because he’s exclusive. He can only fight PBC guys.
      Juan Carlos Abreu not with pbc nor is Chris Van Heerdan so what's the logic of that narrative. Okay I guess he ducked Mo Hooker by that logic.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTouchee View Post

Juan Carlos Abreu not with pbc nor is Chris Van Heerdan so what's the logic of that narrative. Okay I guess he ducked Mo Hooker by that logic.
        Ur talking about bums that get passed around. Abreu would’vd been decent if he wasn’t wholly out of shape and fresh out of prison, but he wouldn’t get picked otherwise.

Comment

I agree, it's a business first and foremost. It's messed up because even those that are avoided typically does the same thing once/if they become main stream. They dodge high risk low reward fights and as much as I hate it, I don't blame them. The fans call you a bum once you lose. Eventually, we'll see their worth in the ring. Hopefully, it's sooner than later with the new batch of welters.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Ive been saying this in here for years a first class carpenter doesn't fear building a house, a professional doesn't fear his job, and the majority in the forums beating the biggest hate drum on fighters have never boxed a day in their lives let alone for real, they have a warped idea of how boxing really is, for many casuals, it is a fight behind the shed, the biggest death stare wins.

Boxing is a business, the better a fighter becomes the more managed he becomes, his path is being planned via the most profitable route that is the lowest risk of getting beat which derails the business plan, fear doesn't come into it, strategies getting to the top and to keep on winning is all they care about.
            Couldn’t have said it better myself. Absolutely spot on.

The thing most that have never boxed really can’t fathom is that matchmaking is really at the heart of boxing, they get caught up in the whole best vs best childishness and don’t know that from the very beginning of your boxing career careful matchmaking to provide the balance of challenge, entertainment, safety, learning etc is what the sport is based on. Weirdly they put best vs best, hand in hand with keeping their 0 as the gauge of success, which makes no sense at all . Yet they’ll forget all that and go over to UFC and watch some guy that has lost 5x already and be quite happy because some bald hype man tells a story about bad blood or some other bs.
            Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by A_State501 View Post

You spelled Canelo wrong.

You meant the Canelo route
              Lol classic

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post

You seem mad. If you don’t like it you can always watch that failing app. Nobody forcing you to watch any PBC shows. Haymon this Haymon that. Stop crying
                We know what time it is….

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

We know what time it is….
                  Amir put you in time out for a moment and he's absolutely right.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

What are you saying? Ennis has repeatedly said he's ready for anyone at 147and if he can't see them at 147 he'll see them at 154
                    I'm saying the comment really means nothing in boxing.

Boxers saying that is just procrastinating really.

Idk how long you've been keeping up with boxing but if it's been long, then you already know these guys say a lot but their actions don't always follow what they say.

Even fighters I like, they say the same thing. So, I take that typical boxer statement with a grain of salt.

Comment

this kid passes the eye test with flying colors. but its time to take the diapers off. it doesn't have to be against the beltholders but theres legit comp out there for him. test him

Comment

Working...
                      X