Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo: I Don't Care About Pound-For-Pound List; Undisputed List A Big Difference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo: I Don't Care About Pound-For-Pound List; Undisputed List A Big Difference

SANTA MONICA, California - Jermell Charlo couldn't care less about pound-for-pound lists. The subjective nature of constructing such rankings renders them meaningless to the IBF/WBA/WBC 154-pound champion. Houston's Charlo is much more intrigued by the possibility of becoming the first undisputed champion in his division during the four-belt era.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's funny, He could literally win this fight and defeat Crawford if he came and they'd still rank him behind Canelo and probably Inoue. Probably don't blame. Undisputed secures his Hall of Fame spot.

Comment

“I don’t know about that pound-for-pound list. Pound-for-pound list is for boxing bloggers and stuff. I’m not a blogger. I don’t care about who make a pound-for-pound list. There’s no personal belt given out for somebody that’s on the list. You know what I’m saying? Who cares about that list? I think I just focus on my career, my craft.”
      Jermell has got the right idea, when the ''expert-panelist' constantly ignore and dismissed him on their P4P, to rank the 'Gypsy-Bum' Tyson Fury and Josh Taylor ; who have no business on the table of elite-skilled-bonafide-champions, you know that its just biased opinion.

Then you got fans with their crap list, who dont even have any damn sound criteria. I can see why Jermell is stressed out about the whole thang!

I still see Josh Taylor on the boxingscene P4P, why is he there?!

Comment

That he speaks of p4p and downplays it shows he actually does care about it. Undisputed in his weak weight division means alot less as compared to the Hopkins/Taylor era. Sure it bothers him that him and his Bro only managed one ppv event which must have tanked bc they are right back to Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
          That he speaks of p4p and downplays it shows he actually does care about it. Undisputed in his weak weight division means alot less as compared to the Hopkins/Taylor era. Sure it bothers him that him and his Bro only managed one ppv event which must have tanked bc they are right back to Showtime.
          No, it obviously bothers you that he doesn’t care. Undisputed means a lot less to YOU because you never stepped in the ring and won. You never spent months in training camp preparing for a fight. P4P list means a lot less when you got nerds like Fischer, Kim, and Montero voting. Guys who don’t have an athletic bone in there body. Yes, they are back on showtime and earning more than you.

Comment

Of course he cares, but he’s salty because he’s not on it.
            IRONCHINHAGLER IRONCHINHAGLER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Jermell has got the right idea, when the ''expert-panelist' constantly ignore and dismissed him on their P4P, to rank the 'Gypsy-Bum' Tyson Fury and Josh Taylor ; who have no business on the table of elite-skilled-bonafide-champions, you know that its just biased opinion.

Then you got fans with their crap list, who dont even have any damn sound criteria. I can see why Jermell is stressed out about the whole thang!

I still see Josh Taylor on the boxingscene P4P, why is he there?!
              Like a guy with one ugly win, Taylor, should be replaced by a guy with a loss and a draw, a draw he was lucky to get. What criteria are you talking about? Harrison beat Jermell out of the P4P convo and he's not close to Fury. Undefeated and doing Wlad and Wilder on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post

No, it obviously bothers you that he doesn’t care. Undisputed means a lot less to YOU because you never stepped in the ring and won. You never spent months in training camp preparing for a fight. P4P list means a lot less when you got nerds like Fischer, Kim, and Montero voting. Guys who don’t have an athletic bone in there body. Yes, they are back on showtime and earning more than you.
                Lol - tell me and everyone else something i don’t know!! For you - every boxing writer/insider is a “nerd” and non-athletic..including Tim Bradley, Boxing Trainer Breadman, Andre Ward and the names above - who have all given their p4p lists and unlike you - get paid for their knowledge and expertise in boxing.

greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Like a guy with one ugly win, Taylor, should be replaced by a guy with a loss and a draw, a draw he was lucky to get. What criteria are you talking about? Harrison beat Jermell out of the P4P convo and he's not close to Fury. Undefeated and doing Wlad and Wilder on the road.
                  I had Jermell Charlo beating Tony Harrison, the decision was highly disputed across platforms. We all know how I feel about the PED cheat Tyson Fury, he should of been banned when he fought old Wladimir Klitschnko in a snooze-fest that broke records in punch stats for least thrown/landed punches in a HW contest ; and dont get me started with how Tyson broke every rule in the book throughout the trilogy with Deontay Wilder -- I simply dont have time today to regurgitate the same old facts.

To compare Jermell Charlo's close draw to a blatant robbery in Josh Taylor vs. Jack Catterall is a extreme view. Jermell Charlo has been top-dog at 154 since I can remember, we are not talking about instantly credibility, he has been consistently and successfully defending against top ten competition for years. Josh Taylor and Tyson Fury, they just showed-up and have been badly exposed.

Longevity, performance and credentials and legitimacy in wins, matter. Today Jermell sets the record straight, he must replace Josh Taylor and Tyson needs to go from the P4P.

Comment

YOU had Jermell beating Harrison? Well that explains everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X