Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Questions Canelo's Approach Following Bivol Loss: He Plays Too Much Golf

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Questions Canelo's Approach Following Bivol Loss: He Plays Too Much Golf

Days after Oscar De La Hoya extended an olive branch and welcomed a reunion with Canelo Alvarez, the Hall of Fame fighter also offered some criticism following the Mexican star's unanimous decision loss to Dmitry Bivol.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oscars always good for a laugh. Best promoter in the world smh. Usually when a fighter sues his promoter it takes years to settle and the fighter usually ends up being shelved for years too while they litigate. But Oscar gave Canelo up quick which tells me he was doing some shady ass sh.it. And this dude has the audacity to call himself the best promoter in the world. Like I said earlier Oscars always good for a laugh.
    mgame, Earl-Hickey and chepboxingking like this.

Comment

Oscar is an annoying swollen ogre

Pipe down already

And Hopkins. Fantastic boxer but thick as two fried eggs
      takenotes likes this.

Comment

I wonder if this is true.

Comment

Yeah I’m sure he would’ve won if he just played mini golf instead. Oscar just gave the fan boys another excuse along with Bivols supposedly incredibly massive size advantage to justify the one sided schooling bivol inflicted on canelo.
          eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
            Oscar is an annoying swollen ogre

Pipe down already

And Hopkins. Fantastic boxer but thick as two fried eggs
            Yes, you're right on both points.

However, if it's true Alvarez was playing golf four hours a day in camp, then that's not the best preparation.

Not saying he'd have beaten Bivol if not for the golf but it sounds like he was underestimating him.
            Idunnoshet and P to the J like this.

Comment

Definitely has a point about his diet. The golf thing might be a good point too if he’s focusing too much on that.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

However, if it's true Alvarez was playing golf four hours a day in camp, then that's not the best preparation.

Not saying he'd have beaten Bivol if not for the golf but it sounds like he was underestimating him.
                I cant recall the exact interview on Dazn but Canelo said himself he was playing golf 5 or 6 days a week during preparation for Bivol. It lead into the question about pro golf after boxing and Canelo stated maybe in 6 or 7 years when he retires from boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Watch "I'm comfortable fighting anybody, any size | Canelo Álvarez Interview on The DAZN Boxing Show" on YouTube
                  https://youtu.be/quya_4KAyP4

Around the 2 minute mark they discuss him and golf and after rewatching it I can interpret it a couple different ways but here it is for you to decide

Comment

I've stated in these forums recently , don't listen to ex trainers , ex fighters , current trainers, current fighters about anything to do with boxing. Your better off listening to a Starbucks drive thru cashier than anything these clowns have to say on the topic of boxing . They are clueless with strategies, clueless with predictions. And the bigger name they are, the dumber they get. I'm talking about all of them . Teddy Atlas? Yea he's come out with a new" fixed fight " video. Where have you been Teddy??? This has been going on for decades . And for several yrs with Canelo fights. Why do you think the whole planet earth says " you can't win a decision with Canelo , you have to knock him out " . Duh . Ya think ? . And this isn't because Canelo is winning rounds. Look at all his fights, in plain view he's losing rounds , even to all the stiffs he's fighting, but look at the judges scorecards after the fight and you see Canelo shutting these guys out . It's embarrassing . The Canelo Alvarez train is one big fraud. Always has been. And it started with this clown , DeLa Hoya, that is now saying Canelo lost because he plays too much golf and only eats vegetables, chick and fish , but no red meat . Just like 1/2 the planet does . What does he want ? Does he want Clenelo to go back to beef so he can have an excuse when they find clenbuterol in his system again? Give me a break. Canelo Alvarez has been exposed. And the more this is talked about , and the more people see the replays, the more people see that Canelo did in fact lose every single round, if scored the way a fight was to be scored. Every single round he lost. Even these guys that are saying " oh I gave him 2,3,4, round " , are Canelo predictors, fans, still in shock about what happened. Or people that predicted a Canelo victory. Anyone , I say anyone go to the pre fight predictions in YouTube by all the great trainers , all the great current and ex fighters to see their predictions. People who live , breathe and eat boxing everyday. They picked Canelo. Did they say Canelo was going to outbox Bivol ? None of them. They all said Canelo was TOO STRONG for Bivol. So let's get this straight, the" supposed " super middleweight, Canelo was going to be TOO STRONG for the light heavyweight Bivol. That's what all of them were saying was the reason Canelo was going to win. All of them. Now how stupid can they ALL be ? That's how stupid. After the fight, what was all their excuses about being so stupid in a prediction? Their excuses were, and I mean ALL of them , was " oh Bivol too big and strong ".. ALL of them. And these are the guys you want guiding your boxing career ?????? . THEY DON'T KNOW BOXING. .

Comment

Working...
                    X