Canelo dropped to #6 p4p with 1 loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo dropped to #6 p4p with 1 loss?

Why do you think he dropped so far?

due to how conclusive it was. It was pretty much a shut out if it was a closer fight he would of moved maybe 2/3 slots at most imo, he showed he cannot adapt to save his life which is a big thing for p4p obviously.
    Last edited by Kzbox; 05-12-2022, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I mean, he lost to a fighter that wasn't even in the top ten. He got exposed pretty hard.
      real raw real raw buddyr buddyr like this.

Comment

Its lame, you get punished for taking risks

Spence can fight in the same weight class into his 30s have a big size advantage beat a guy who was hyped for decisions a 42 year old pacquaio and now he rises in the p4p ratings because canelo finally lost first time in 9 years on his 5th weight class.

head to head canelo is still more skilled than spence or crawford. so why does he get bumped below them?

Comment

Cherry pick gone wrong plus his last 7 fights aren’t anything special. I don’t know how he got away with his last 7 fights but this is not a list of a guy taking risks.

Plant
          Saunders
          Yildrim
          Smith
          Kovalev(Rehydration clause)
          Jacobs (Rehydration clause)
          Fielding (Rehydration clause)

I honestly think Spence has had a better run in the last 7 fights. I don’t think Spence run involves any catchweights either.

Ugas
          Garcia
          Porter
          M. Garcia
          Lamont Peterson
          Kell Brook
          Ocampo

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

Spence can fight in the same weight class into his 30s have a big size advantage beat a guy who was hyped for decisions a 42 year old pacquaio and now he rises in the p4p ratings because canelo finally lost first time in 9 years on his 5th weight class.

head to head canelo is still more skilled than spence or crawford. so why does he get bumped below them?
            Man kill that risk crap. Hearn and Bivol have already shot that down. Only reason he got the fight is because he looked soft in his last two fights. Cherry pick gone wrong. He tried to go up and steal a belt like he did against Fielding. He not more skilled than Crawford but he has a bit better resume.

Comment

I think dropping his guard and showing off his head movement while being in double digit rounds and having won very few prior showed just how incapable of adaptation Canelo is.

I really don't understand why dudes in a losing fight almost never go for broke anymore. When you need a KO, keep ****ing punching son. Getting hit doesn't matter anymore, punch, you might still win. Defense ain't going to swing a fight you lost every round in. Punching can.

Comment

He was never #1, he only got that ranking was because it became a stupid popularity contest. Anyone who wasn't a complete idiot and knew boxing skill when they saw it knew he had no business on a p4p list.
                edgarg edgarg eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

What risk has he ever taken in his career?

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post
                    He was never #1, he only got that ranking was because it became a stupid popularity contest. Anyone who wasn't a complete idiot and knew boxing skill when they saw it knew he had no business on a p4p list.
                    Well you can't say people are idiots because p4p is subjective anyway like you thinking Crawford is p4p when i think Usyk is p4p. Dont have to demean people so much for having a different opinion at least he has fought better competition than Crawford albeit past there best with some dodgy scoring.

Comment

Working...
                    X