• Time
  • Show
Clear All

does speed bag help you lose wieght

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jr. View Post
      does speed bag help you lose wieght
      No.

Just run a lot in the mornings, eat small meals, go to bed early and don't fuk around and quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredo Cucaracha View Post
        No.

Just run a lot in the mornings, eat small meals, go to bed early and don't fuk around and quit.
        i like your additude LOL

Comment

i like your additude LOL

Its hard to do man, like someone else said, the only opponent you have is yourself.

If you have the will to do it, you can do it. If your will is easily broken, you'll putter out after a few weeks.

Nothing will come easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredo Cucaracha View Post
            Its hard to do man, like someone else said, the only opponent you have is yourself.

If you have the will to do it, you can do it. If your will is easily broken, you'll putter out after a few weeks.

Nothing will come easy.
            when i was 12 i lost 55 in 5 months by exerciseing and eating small meals.

and im buying a stationary bike and i have a bench press and im going to buy a speed bag for the hell of it to get my hand speed up before i train to fight ya dig

Comment

im buying a stationary bike
              Screw that ****. I've been using those for a few months, and only now have I switched to using an elliptical trainer - it does double the job that an exercise bike does (calorie-wise), with seemingly half the effort. You won't even feel like you're exercising, but it's a far more efficient workout than just pedalling aimlessly on an exercise bike.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                Screw that ****. I've been using those for a few months, and only now have I switched to using an elliptical trainer - it does double the job that an exercise bike does (calorie-wise), with seemingly half the effort. You won't even feel like you're exercising, but it's a far more efficient workout than just pedalling aimlessly on an exercise bike.
                well i looked at canadian tire and i found a relatively cheap one for $160

and im going to buy a speed bag thingy which is $100

so ima spend $260-$300 on this.

and dont worry. im going to sig my weight when i do my weigh in on MONDAY and update every week. im going to be training EVERYDAY> see how it goes

Comment

dude ur aiming too high
                  try to go to a boxing gym first
                  how will you know if u like it? watching boxing and getting hit on the face(and sometimes in the belly ugh) are 2 different things trust me

Comment

Native American Descent

5''10 1/2

230 lbs

1988 Birth (21 Years Old)

Never Drank Alcohol in my life

Recently quit smoking (I smoked for 6 months)

Just wondering if there is anyway i can bust my ass off for the next 6 months or so to drop down to 170 and start training to become a boxer? I know im not in good shape right now but when i do get in shape is there a possibility i could eventually get ANY professional fights. I have no history of any boxing or sparring, i have a couple of relatives who were ameteaurs and my dad fought as an ameteaur.

This is not a joke thread im at a cross roads in my life and i dont wanna be 40 years old and wonder WHAT IF I JUST GOT IN SHAPE AND WENT TO THE BOXING GYM ect....

Please and thank you for any feed back

If i want to lose 65 lbs in 6 months i have to lose 2.7 lbs / week

If you're Serious about what you posted, then YES, you can become a Pro boxer. First, Join a boxing gym that will get you both in shape and will mentor you in the art of developing a style that not only suits your physique, but can enhance whatever natural attributes you can bring to the ring. Then have them help you hone those skills to develop the type of boxer you will be...Dont make presumptions until you know what you are good at. You may be a puncher...or a refined boxer. That will all be revealed as you train and gain the knowledge and experience that will bring those skills to light. After that, read all the messages on the bulletin boards in the gym. If it's a half decent gym it will have one, and there are always amateur and pre-amateur competitions and contests that will let you get a taste for the ring, and a tast of actual combat. Many of these fights will be short 3 maybe 4 rounders, but they will help you by miles to get a good idea at what you're really good at, plus they will get your name in the boxing circuits, local, and otherwise. Try to connect with older more experienced boxers that may be able to not only give yo valuable pointers, but can point you in the right direction on who to talk to, who's a fair and good trainer, etc.

Once you've started on that road, make sure of one important thing, and I can't stress this enough; Don't fall for the first glamour offering you get from some crooked bastard looking to make money off you and turn you into a second rate palooka. Observe those around you in the gym, check out their stats, if they have any, make it a mental note to see who's advancing in the ranks and how they're getting there, with whom and how often. Those guys may prove useful in helping you get to where you want to go. And another important thing, be your own boss, no matter what. I say that in this sense; yes, get a good trainer and listen to and obey his training orders...that's important. But nobody should be the one to decide your career but you. Dont get bullied into bull**** contracts that put you at the mercy of bad promoters and managers that don't give a crap about you as an athlete and only see you as a paycheck...Bob Arum, Don King, Oscar D, ring any bells?

The only thing that can stop you from acheiving your dream is you. If all those boxers that we idolize and admire have done it, so can you. They are no better than you, and have nothing that you don't have. Its all on you little brother, and the longest mile of any journey always starts with that first step... God bless and good luck. (and if you become world champ, get me a free ticket to one of your fights).. LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by Navyboxer1109 View Post
                      If you're Serious about what you posted, then YES, you can become a Pro boxer. First, Join a boxing gym that will get you both in shape and will mentor you in the art of developing a style that not only suits your physique, but can enhance whatever natural attributes you can bring to the ring. Then have them help you hone those skills to develop the type of boxer you will be...Dont make presumptions until you know what you are good at. You may be a puncher...or a refined boxer. That will all be revealed as you train and gain the knowledge and experience that will bring those skills to light. After that, read all the messages on the bulletin boards in the gym. If it's a half decent gym it will have one, and there are always amateur and pre-amateur competitions and contests that will let you get a taste for the ring, and a tast of actual combat. Many of these fights will be short 3 maybe 4 rounders, but they will help you by miles to get a good idea at what you're really good at, plus they will get your name in the boxing circuits, local, and otherwise. Try to connect with older more experienced boxers that may be able to not only give yo valuable pointers, but can point you in the right direction on who to talk to, who's a fair and good trainer, etc.

Once you've started on that road, make sure of one important thing, and I can't stress this enough; Don't fall for the first glamour offering you get from some crooked bastard looking to make money off you and turn you into a second rate palooka. Observe those around you in the gym, check out their stats, if they have any, make it a mental note to see who's advancing in the ranks and how they're getting there, with whom and how often. Those guys may prove useful in helping you get to where you want to go. And another important thing, be your own boss, no matter what. I say that in this sense; yes, get a good trainer and listen to and obey his training orders...that's important. But nobody should be the one to decide your career but you. Dont get bullied into bull**** contracts that put you at the mercy of bad promoters and managers that don't give a crap about you as an athlete and only see you as a paycheck...Bob Arum, Don King, Oscar D, ring any bells?

The only thing that can stop you from acheiving your dream is you. If all those boxers that we idolize and admire have done it, so can you. They are no better than you, and have nothing that you don't have. Its all on you little brother, and the longest mile of any journey always starts with that first step... God bless and good luck. (and if you become world champ, get me a free ticket to one of your fights).. LOL...
                      great post my friend. im going to be buying

Speed Bag
                      Stationary Bike or Elliptical Trainer thingy or whatever theyre called LOL
                      And i already have a bench press machine...

Im just trying to figure out what is the best work out regime

Comment

Working...
                      X