Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Euro News: Yvan Mendy, Krzysztof Glowacki, Berghult-Braekhus, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Euro News: Yvan Mendy, Krzysztof Glowacki, Berghult-Braekhus, More

French veteran Yvan Mendy (47-5-1) won the vacant EBU lightweight last night in Pont Sainte Maxence with a unanimous decision over Italian Gianluca Ceglia (17-4-1).
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like the Mendy/Tatli story. Tatli beat Mendy in 2015...but it was close enough to warrant a rematch....7 years later. Good stuff.

Comment

Braekhus has been past prime for 7 or 8 years now, but she was so great in her prime she might still be able to beat ladies like Berghult and Dicaire.

Prime Braekhus could fight both in one night and win 20 rounds to 0.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        Braekhus has been past prime for 7 or 8 years now, but she was so great in her prime she might still be able to beat ladies like Berghult and Dicaire.

Prime Braekhus could fight both in one night and win 20 rounds to 0.
        I can't say I agree. McCaskill is much better than anyone Braekhus beat, and she just benefitted from fighting really poor/average opposition. She's nowhere near the likes of Taylor and Serrano, and never has been. Look at her tools, her skillset, it's far lower. She's very one-paced, good technically, but slower than those girls, nowhere near as dynamic, and even compared to Katie's power, far less. Nash calls it - B Grade. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

I can't say I agree. McCaskill is much better than anyone Braekhus beat, and she just benefitted from fighting really poor/average opposition. She's nowhere near the likes of Taylor and Serrano, and never has been. Look at her tools, her skillset, it's far lower. She's very one-paced, good technically, but slower than those girls, nowhere near as dynamic, and even compared to Katie's power, far less. Nash calls it - B Grade. Nash out.
          You have no idea what you're talking about.

She beat Anne Sophie Mathis twice, she beat Myriam Lamare, she beat Chevelle Hallback, she beat Mia St John, she beat Erica Farias, she beat Oxandia Castillo (who was coming off a KO of Hannah Gabriels), she beat Mikaela Lauren twice. Braekhus is 15-2 against full world titlists (not interim or IBO or other nonsense).

Holly Holm dropped a belt to duck Braekhus once and then retired from boxing to duck her the second time, despite Braekhus agreeing to fight her in the US for her biggest payday ever.

Prime Braekhus outboxes Taylor or Serrano easily, and not just because she's bigger. McCaskill didn't even win the first Braekhus fight in my opinion, but even still, Braekhus was completely washed. That was a shell of what she once was. It was like Berbick beating Ali.

Last edited by famicommander; 05-02-2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

You have no idea what you're talking about.

She beat Anne Sophie Mathis twice, she beat Myriam Lamare, she beat Chevelle Hallback, she beat Mia St John, she beat Erica Farias, she beat Oxandia Castillo (who was coming off a KO of Hannah Gabriels), she beat Mikaela Lauren twice. Braekhus is 15-2 against full world titlists (not interim or IBO or other nonsense).

Holly Holm dropped a belt to duck Braekhus once and then retired from boxing to duck her the second time, despite Braekhus agreeing to fight her in the US for her biggest payday ever.

Prime Braekhus outboxes Taylor or Serrano easily, and not just because she's bigger. McCaskill didn't even win the first Braekhus fight in my opinion, but even still, Braekhus was completely washed. That was a shell of what she once was. It was like Berbick beating Ali.

Everyone she beat, Serrano and Taylor beat much easier. Learn from Nash. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Everyone she beat, Serrano and Taylor beat much easier. Learn from Nash. Nash out.
              Serrano and Taylor get knocked out in one round against Mathis. Too big, too strong, too powerful. Remember what she did to Holm?

Last edited by famicommander; 05-02-2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X