Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn: I Thought Katie Taylor Just Edged The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Taylor winning 6-4, great fight and would love to see a rematch.
    WamBamSam23 WamBamSam23 likes this.

Comment

It’s all a corrupt system,Amanda would have had put Katie on life support to win, I’m sure some of the judges received secret envelopes

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post
        Seems to be mixed opinions on who won. We got people who never been in the ring acting like experts on scoring. Obviously we need a rematch. A woman’s fight hasn’t generated this much discussion in years so that’s a good thing for women's boxing.
        that last sentence is true , I’ve just seen it , lots of close rds, could have gone either way , I’d have at a push given it to Serrano due to being on the front foot more and landing heavier combos but that’s just me , Taylor boxed , tied up and moved better , draw would have satisfied all and a great rematch would be looked forward to ( rightly so) politics of the game always shade close fights and we all accept this .
        Taylor has proved me wrong in the respect she has been ready to go and on the slide for a while and I always thought persoon and Serrano would beat her ( the former did) , maybe be she is still hanging due to 2 min rds .
        Last edited by Buggy bear; 05-02-2022, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Edged it? Katie Taylor nearly got KO twice in two rounds 5 and 10! Taylor lost the 6, bounced back in a uneventful 7 that could of been a even round ; mind you that Katie Taylor's fans are desperate trying to count activity, punches that did not land clean or were blocked.

Nothing Taylor, the natural lightweight, landed ever buzzed the featherweight challenger except the head-clash in the 10th and final round @ 1.11 . Even with all the sloppy boxing from Taylor, the punch connect suggest that Amanda was right on Taylor throughout the rounds, there was no distinction in separation in class by Taylor's strategy -- on the contrary it nearly got her KO.

This was Amanda Serrano's fight. You can only argue a draw at best for Katie Taylor, nothing more.
          Fighter78 Fighter78 likes this.

Comment

Taylor nearly got knocked out, it was there for Amanda to win. But I don't think you could score it better than 5-5 for Amanda. But you could score it 7-3 Taylor.

We got a fair result... But we NEED a rematch.

Comment

amazing that taylor has never fought in her home country ireland as a pro, thats mad, i dont really understand it actually, anyway she deserves a few fights at home now which will not be good news for her opponents actually most likely as home fighters tend to get high protection generally & especially if they are the belt holders

Comment

Close fight but easy to score. 1-3 for Katie, 4-6 Amanda, 7-10 Katie. 7-3 or 6-4 for Taylor. At the very best for Amanda it could be a draw but you’d have to give her a 10-8 and another round.

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
                  I saw Katy running for her life the whole fight big robbery, and you are part of this corrupt sport!
                  I agree....I'm so sick of Katie taylor getting robberies every so often...its what has almost completely turned me off from professional boxing lately.

Folks are scoring the fight for Taylor based on her ability to run and grab...SMDH

And I don't want anyone coming in here with that "casual" talk....I've coached a handful of fighters through amateur nationals so I think I know when a fighter is losing and Katie taylor just lost another fight and yet was rewarded with victory after nearly being stopped twice.

Now we clearly see why Katie taylor wasn't very receptive to going 3 minute rounds...she clearly knew she wouldn't be the tougher girl.
                  1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X