Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor-Jose Zepeda Negotiations Ordered, WBC Purse Bid on May 24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor-Jose Zepeda Negotiations Ordered, WBC Purse Bid on May 24

Undisputed junior welterweight champion Josh Taylor has a lot of options - but it appears that he won't hold all four of the major belts at 140-pounds for too much longer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

great fight! zepada wins this by KO

Comment

Originally posted by maespinoza1990 View Post
      great fight! zepada wins this by KO
      I think Taylor leaves the division though, but it would be an awesome fight. I say both taste the canvas atleast once or twice before the fight ends

Comment

So what happened with wba ordering a mandatory?!

Comment

I used to feel that Chon didn't have a shot at beating Josh,pre Ramirez but now I'm not so sure. Josh got countered/hurt a few times fairly easily coming in against Catterall and Ramirez. If Chon were to land those same counters its possible Josh isn't able to get up from one. It's a fight he will be well prepared and "get up" for ,as he has a tendency to fight to the level of his competition it seems. Good match up but I think Josh is done campaigning at 140lb.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Probably gonna have to drop it. The purse for that fight is ridiculous. This one will be worth more.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
              This is what I was wondering. Typically they go through a rotation and two sanctioning bodies won't order mandos simultaneously for unified champions.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Josh is having problems at 140. He can make it, but he looks bad. If I were him, I'd test the water at 147 and jump on Benn first thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Josh is having problems at 140. He can make it, but he looks bad. If I were him, I'd test the water at 147 and jump on Benn first thing.
                  I agree, except for the Benn part. I think he needs a softer touch than that when moving up to 147. I'm not saying he doesn't beat Benn right now, but for as raw as Benn is, dude has youth, power, speed, a mean streak, and self belief. And Taylor looked like crap the last time out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post

I agree, except for the Benn part. I think he needs a softer touch than that when moving up to 147. I'm not saying he doesn't beat Benn right now, but for as raw as Benn is, dude has youth, power, speed, a mean streak, and self belief. And Taylor looked like crap the last time out.
                    ...and Arum isn't looking to give Hearn any momentum. Taylor is in a vulnerable situation: clearly having a hard time making 140, but can't move up because TR's 147lb stable is barren. Taylor is probably hoping that Teofimo gets his **** together soon, so they can fight.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 04-28-2022, 08:37 PM.
                    Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X