Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney Says He Demanded 'Fair Judges' for Kambosos Fight During Talks: 'I Wanted Nothing Else'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaneloBlue View Post
    Hope this bum gets knocked out.
    Are you calling Haney a bum?

Comment

I don't disagree with him. Pacquiao got robbed down there, and he had an awful ref who should have been taking points or even DQ Horn for his dirty tactics. If anything, I think that fight served as a warning to any American or other foreign fighter taking a fight down under. In Manny's case I think Bob Arum played a part in that mess. He had an up and coming white fighter he wanted to push--thinking he could make some money on him, and a fading legend who wasn't going to be the future of Top Rank.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if a controversial decision goes against Kambosos in this one. George will likely be the aggressor and the busier of the two. Haney the more refined counter puncher.

Comment

fair boxing judges LMAO he will be lucky, he should maybe thank his lucky stars he will get to fight most of his fights in his home country, now thats worth a lot in boxing, this time he will have to accept he wont win a close fight, thats just how it usually is no matter where

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Haney, you got one job: do SLIGHTLY better than Lee Selby.

boxing doesn’t really work like that though.

Besides, Kambosos comfortably beat Selby, regardless of what the scorecards said.

Plus, Kambosos seems to raise his level depending on the fighter. I was about the only person in this forum that said he had a style to give Lopez big problems when everybody was saying he was going to get flattened

He has a style to give Haney problems too, in a different way. It’ll be Competitive. No point in looking backwards at old performances. If Haney thinks he’s in for an easy night, he’ll lose.

Its like saying all Kambosos has to do is be a bit better than a shot Linares and Haney gets stopped this time. But anybody understands boxing knows it doesn’t really work like that.
          Fact Fact Javcar Chris Hanson like this.

Comment

0 chance Haney wins a decision there

Comment

Haney lost to Jo Jo and Linares. I Like how powder punching and holding became a thing when the Mexicans started unleashing Valhalla on their opponents brains. 3 pitter pat jabs count more than a bone breaking, concussion making power punch now. Unless it’s a PBC guy of course. If a PBC guy lands one of those punches it’s automatically a 10 8 round.
              Last edited by Chris Hanson; 04-28-2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                I don't disagree with him. Pacquiao got robbed down there, and he had an awful ref who should have been taking points or even DQ Horn for his dirty tactics. If anything, I think that fight served as a warning to any American or other foreign fighter taking a fight down under. In Manny's case I think Bob Arum played a part in that mess. He had an up and coming white fighter he wanted to push--thinking he could make some money on him, and a fading legend who wasn't going to be the future of Top Rank.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if a controversial decision goes against Kambosos in this one. George will likely be the aggressor and the busier of the two. Haney the more refined counter puncher.
                You were making solid points (I didn’t necessarily agree but still) until you called Horn a “up and coming white fighter he wanted to push”.

I thought Manny lost but Bob definitely may have tried another Bradley setup trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

You were making solid points (I didn’t necessarily agree but still) until you called Horn a “up and coming white fighter he wanted to push”.

I thought Manny lost but Bob definitely may have tried another Bradley setup trilogy.
                  Arum himself commented on Horn's race, and Horn being a good looking, clean cut, articulate school teacher and a good role model, I think Arum thought he had a Great White Hope at welterweight and wanted to see how much mileage he could get out of him.

“Boxing is crying out for someone like Jeff Horn,’’ Arum said at his 85th birthday party in an Auckland restaurant on Thursday night.

“The sport is dominated by Hispanic and African-American fighters. There are a lot of good white boxers but most of them are Eastern Europeans. To have a white kid who has an all-action style and speaks perfect English is something that fight fans around the world will embrace. Jeff is so marketable. A schoolteacher who can fight – every delinquent kid in the world will take notice.’’

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

Arum himself commented on Horn's race, and Horn being a good looking, clean cut, articulate school teacher and a good role model, I think Arum thought he had a Great White Hope at welterweight and wanted to see how much mileage he could get out of him.

“Boxing is crying out for someone like Jeff Horn,’’ Arum said at his 85th birthday party in an Auckland restaurant on Thursday night.

“The sport is dominated by Hispanic and African-American fighters. There are a lot of good white boxers but most of them are Eastern Europeans. To have a white kid who has an all-action style and speaks perfect English is something that fight fans around the world will embrace. Jeff is so marketable. A schoolteacher who can fight – every delinquent kid in the world will take notice.’’

Did not know he said that. I still thought Manny lost but this does give your argument credence.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Besides, Kambosos comfortably beat Selby, regardless of what the scorecards said.
                      Yeah....ok.

First, understand the kind of fighter that Devin Haney is. We know what he is.

Now, read the highlights and try it again.

kambososselby.png

As we said...all Haney really has to do is what Selby did, with a little bit more, and he easily beats "CM Punk" Kambosos.

And we say that as a fan of the guy.

But let's be honest - he beat Teofimo because Teo traded with him. Haney's not going to trade, you know that.
                      Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 04-29-2022, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X