Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Feel Like The World Gonna Love Me; I Will Become A Pay-Per-View Superstar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: I Feel Like The World Gonna Love Me; I Will Become A Pay-Per-View Superstar

ESPN will televise Shakur Stevenson's biggest fight to date Saturday night. The unbeaten WBO junior lightweight champion hopes, however, that another impressive performance - this time against his most imposing opponent in 18 professional fights - will enhance his popularity among hardcore and casual boxing fans. During a conference call conducted through Zoom on Monday, Stevenson stated that he "most definitely" anticipates ascending to the pay-per-view level soon enough.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thank you Bob and ESPN

Comment

This is a throwback fight. A contrast in styles between two high-level fighters and a PPV worthy bout. Glad it’s on ESPN. Props to Arum for this one.

Comment

Ppv?? Lol.. Unless u are a Hw, Ko’s sell ppv in the lighter weights ala Tank Davis. But doesn’t hurt to dream.

Comment

To be honest, it is, on paper, a pay-per-view worthy fight.

More so than Fury-Whyte actually, which had to be PPV I suppose, because of how much they paid Fury and Whyte.

But looking back at that whole card, it was awful, no disrespect to Fury's greatness.
          mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

I just dont see it. Defensive, not fun too warch. Sorry man .

Comment

He's a tremendous talent. Shame he's so unlikeable.

Comment

I hate how nowadays fighter's want to fight on PPV after their very first big win . For what to get 100-200k PPV buys at best? Just keep fighting on free TV rack up a few more big wins , build up your fanbase enough that you can get 500k plus PPV buys .

Comment

Some of the best talents have sh**ty personalities that grate on people. Mayweather, Ali, Broner, Camacho, and other braggart-types. What can you do? Shakur is a super talent so maybe he will become more likeable with age, like Mayweather and others. It's hard to pick against this guy at 130-135 right now--he has a style that is difficult for any fighter.
                  Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
                    Some of the best talents have sh**ty personalities that grate on people. Mayweather, Ali, Broner, Camacho, and other braggart-types. What can you do? Shakur is a super talent so maybe he will become more likeable with age, like Mayweather and others. It's hard to pick against this guy at 130-135 right now--he has a style that is difficult for any fighter.
                    Mayweather was likeable at an early age. The pretty boy stage. It was when he got older the Money stage where he really became unlikable to most fans.
                    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X