Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joyce-Parker: Warren Announces Fight For 'Sometime In July' At Stadium To Be Determined

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joyce-Parker: Warren Announces Fight For 'Sometime In July' At Stadium To Be Determined

Joseph Parker helped Tyson Fury prepare for his sixth-round knockout of Dillian Whyte on Saturday night at Wembley Stadium in London. Now that his time as Fury's sparring partner has come to an end, the former WBO heavyweight champion can focus on facing another gigantic, unbeaten Brit in a fight that'll count on his record. Promoter Frank Warren announced between bouts during BT Sport Box Office's pay-per-view broadcast of the Fury-Whyte undercard that Parker will face Joe Joyce next.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great fight. Without hearn in the equation it will be even better!

Comment

I like Joyce and worry this fight could derail him. Parker is not all that great overall but hes pretty quick and seems to be one of the most durable guys in the division. Stylistically i'm not sure Joyce can do his usual gradual breaking down thing here, and if it goes the distance I favour Parker winning on points. Joyce does not have time for losses either.

Comment

Now, that would be a much better fight than Fury -Whyte. I hope they can make it, I would love to see Joyce fighting this version of Parker. have no idea who wins.

But, this is a high risk fight for Joyce, he has no time for losses. Maybe he should only take this if it will be for the vacant title, if Usyk -Joshua 2 winner vacates one.
        Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 04-24-2022, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Great fight! The top 2 ranked guys in the WBO.

Comment

Joyce will win easy

Comment

With Fury that just fought and AJ/Usyk fighting in july, there will soon be the possibility for:
              1) undisputed fight and possible rematch 2) vacating belts after undisputed

In this second case I see a lot of up incoming boxers able to fight among them for the titles. Eg the winners of Yoka/bakole , Hrgovic/zhang, parker/jj but also wallin, sanchez and also "established" names like Ortiz and Ruiz. And even wilder perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                I like Joyce and worry this fight could derail him. Parker is not all that great overall but hes pretty quick and seems to be one of the most durable guys in the division. Stylistically i'm not sure Joyce can do his usual gradual breaking down thing here, and if it goes the distance I favour Parker winning on points. Joyce does not have time for losses either.
                Kind of agree, this will be a big test for him, one that he needs, keeping Parker at the end of his jab will be a fantastic challenge, Parker is a very underrated fighter, look forward to this one, tyson vs whyte was shockingly bad.

Comment

Good fight , slightly favour Joyce but Parker is better now with his Tyson sparring

Comment

Very decent fight I think. Haven't seen Parkers most recent fights. Will have to have a look and see how he's looked recently.

Comment

Working...
                    X