Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Just Gotta Get A New Mouthpiece; My Mouthpiece Been Messed Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    So he used the same mouthpiece as he did for the Danny fight when it came out in that fight as well? He knew it was an issue then and still wore the same one vs Ugas? Come on now lol….Spence realized after like 10 years he needed a nutritionist and now looks like he realizes he needs a new mouthguard, only after it being knocked out in consecutive fights SMH!
    He also realized that partying heavy was bad for an athlete like him only after the accident.

Just like he also only realized he needed both eyes only after the surgery, coz before that he was adamant that he has another eye so no problem.

Ironically its this same chilled and uncaring personality that makes him a great fighter.

The fact he isn't phazed by anything I mean.

Ugas buzzed me, knocked my mouthpiece out, and got a free one two three that knocked me to the ropes and had me out on my feet for a moment.

What do I do?

Go right back in there and break him down.

I saw this first in the Brook fight.

Brook did everything right. Countered the jab, bullied the bully, roughed Errol up, and stunned him a couple of times.

What Errol do?

"Okay he got me, so ama just go right back in there and do what I was doing before."

This is what Broke Brook and its what Broke Ugas.

It's also why Shawn was unable to beat Spence despite fighting the best possible fight he could have fought and being in the best shape of his life.

The guy just simply doesn't get phased by anything.

I remember he said that he had been hitting Shawn with that same shot that knocked him down throughout the fight and it had no effect before.

This means that the dude didn't care that Shawn was unaffected, he just focussed on doing what he wana do and what he supposed to do.

Coz some guys abandon certain things when they think they are innefective in a fight.

For example Ugas abandoned the counter jab in the second round when Spence started ducking under it and landing hard body shots.

Spence doesn't do that. He refuses to abandon any of his tools, he just keeps doing it until he finds afiny to make it work.

Even in the Brook fight.

Brook tried to take away Spence's jab in the second round by hitting Spence with a counter overhand right.

Spence didn't allow it to he taken away, he simply changed the rhythm and timing of the jab, and started using different types of jabs to confuse Brook's timing of it, and instead it was Brook who ended up abandoning the counter overhand right.

Ironic that the same "unfazed" mentality is the sams one responsible for this foolishness with the mouth guard.

Last edited by Doubledagger; 04-18-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post

He also realized that partying heavy was bad for an athlete like him only after the accident.

Just like he also only realized he needed both eyes only after the surgery, coz before that he was adamant that he has another eye so no problem.

Ironically its this same chilled and uncaring personality that makes him a great fighter.

The fact he isn't phazed by anything I mean.

Ugas buzzed me, knocked my mouthpiece out, and got a free one two three that knocked me to the ropes and had me out on my feet for a moment.

What do I do?

Go right back in there and break him down.

I saw this first in the Brook fight.

Brook did everything right. Countered the jab, bullied the bully, roughed Errol up, and stunned him a couple of times.

What Errol do?

"Okay he got me, so ama just go right back in there and do what I was doing before."

This is what Broke Brook and its what Broke Ugas.

It's also why Shawn was unable to beat Spence despite fighting the best possible fight he could have fought and being in the best shape of his life.

The guy just simply doesn't get phased by anything.

I remember he said that he had been hitting Shawn with that same shot that knocked him down throughout the fight and it had no effect before.

This means that the dude didn't care that Shawn was unaffected, he just focussed on doing what he wana do and what he supposed to do.

Coz some guys abandon certain things when they think they are innefective in a fight.

For example Ugas abandoned the counter jab in the second round when Spence started ducking under it and landing hard body shots.

Spence doesn't do that. He refuses to abandon any of his tools, he just keeps doing it until he finds afiny to make it work.

Even in the Brook fight.

Brook tried to take away Spence's jab in the second round by hitting Spence with a counter overhand right.

Spence didn't allow it to he taken away, he simply changed the rhythm and timing of the jab, and started using different types of jabs to confuse Brook's timing of it, and instead it was Brook who ended up abandoning the counter overhand right.

Ironic that the same "unfazed" mentality is the sams one responsible for this foolishness with the mouth guard.
      Absolutely, he is as composed as it gets. A little hard headed that it takes him making actual mistakes to correct them but dude is a machine. His composure may be his biggest advantage against Crawford as that fight will have tons of ebbs and flows and there will be adversity for both fighters. Bud may get a little too frustrated or anxious and Spence will just continue doing what he does.

Good post.

Comment

It is his new teeth. He has to get them adjusted to fit in his mouth.

Comment

Spence, we're always going to be fans.

But...you keep saying "rookie mistake".

At some point, it becomes an excuse.

Comment

Yeah Errol needs to go to a dentist and get a custom mouthpiece. Not just they'll allow him to breath better, they are also good at helping prevent concussions.

Comment

he needs to put his false teeth in before he puts in his mouthpiece

Comment

Is this guy buying his mouthpiece off the shelf at Walmart? Get a properly fitted mouthpiece and it won't keep popping out of your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                X