Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: We Can Only Hope Spence Spoke 'The Truth' About Boxing Crawford Next If He Beats Ugas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
    Prediction:

Spence will beat Ugas, then everyone is going to say he'll duck Crawford next. The fight with Bud gets signed, then everyone will say Crawford is going to wash him. Errol beats Crawford then everyone will say Bud got old or Spence waited him out.
    That’s just a fairy tale you Errol fanboys created to fit your narratives he won’t beat bud though because once bud washes him they going to say it was because the car accident and detach retina bud won’t get old because he’s not a drunk like Spence and takes care himself in and out of the ring waiting for bud to age out it won’t happen

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

He not gonna fight Keith that ship sailed thurman ducked him for years. IF he beats Ugas I see him taking out bud. They’re quite closely matched fighters but I think IF the spence that beat kell Brook is back he beats crawford in a war of attrition
      even if that Spence shows up bud still outclasses him don’t matter which Spence shows up it won’t help him

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post

Exactly. He said years ago he was cleaning up his side of the street, then going after Crawford. He we are.
        he stalled that fight for years y’all gave him a pass for it I hope he beats ugas because I want bud to take out the trash that’s been ducking for years

ifc ifc likes this.

Comment

How’s crawfords rock solid lawsuit going against arum

Comment

Originally posted by pretty ste View Post
            he stalled that fight for years y’all gave him a pass for it I hope he beats ugas because I want bud to take out the trash that’s been ducking for years
            So he intentionally crashed a Ferrari, and ripped out his retina to stall Bud for 2 years?

At this point, I wouldn't hold it against the guy if he decided to fight Thurman next. You dummies, like the writer of this article, already have your excuses prepackaged. What's the point of Spence-Crawford now?

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

"Crawford’s contract with longtime promoter Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc. expired following his 10th-round stoppage of former IBF and WBC champ Shawn Porter on November 20 in Las Vegas."

5 months later and noone fighting to sign Crawford. He's definitely B side in negotiating an undisputed fight and Spence is reasonably entitled to 75/25 or similar split. If No Pay Cut Crawford don't want to take it, that's on him.
              Dream on sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post

So he intentionally crashed a Ferrari, and ripped out his retina to stall Bud for 2 years?

At this point, I wouldn't hold it against the guy if he decided to fight Thurman next. You dummies, like the writer of this article, already have your excuses prepackaged. What's the point of Spence-Crawford now?
                The guy is right and your a Spence sexual fangirl . He's been ducking Crawford and avoiding that fight for years .

If it was starpseason , why fight Peterson ?, Why fight Ocampo ?, If it's strapseason why you fighting Micky Garcia ?. Now Errol crashed his car because he's not focused on boxing all the time 100% like you need to be if you wanna stay champ for as long as possible. As for the eye, that's a lie , fat one at that, all to avoid fighting PAC Man coz him and his team knew it was another fight that Errol can't win. Just like the Crawford fight, the Ennis fight or the Ortiz fight.
                Expect Errol should he win the Ugas fight, to vacate and more upto 154.
                Last edited by ptek; 04-16-2022, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Is there anything that stands in the way of it happening besides Ugas ?

Comment

I've doubted Spence willingness to face Crawford for years. I know he said he was going to take the easy route which in its self is a compliment to Crawford but the way Spence, his team or the PBC have always got real twitchy when Buds name is mentioned gave me a bad vibe about their actual intentions.

I would love nothing more to be proved wrong but I still suspect that Spence will best Ugas, fight Keith Thurman and then move up to 154. Fingers crossed I do get proved wrong though, there isn't a fight I want more in the sport than a Bud v Spence unification.

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post

I'll agree Crawford is a slight B-side ($ wise only) to whoever comes away with the other 3 belts, but that doesn't make for a 75/25 split. After all, regardless of belts (because belts are a tiny bit of the story), who is considered the BEST? The winner of Spence vs Ugas and Crawford will be #1 & #2 (whatever order you want them in).

For a frame of reference, the final split for Charlo vs Castano 1 was about 74% Charlo 26% Castano. But, what had Castano accomplished up to that point in his career? NOTHING compared to Bud. Bud is undefeated with no draws in 38 professional fights, P4P #2 on most lists, first ever undisputed at 140 lbs in the 4 belt era, 3 division champion, and before Shawn Porter (who he was the first to stop), Crawford hasn't been in a competitive fight since Gamboa in 2014, and we all know how that ended.

So, a 60/40 split is the lowest reasonable split for that fight. I'd say 55/45 is where it should land.

And before anybody says anything about Bud's lack of PPV draws, keep in mind Top Rank only gave him one PPV worthy fight and then they undermined it by only having it available on ESPN+. Total mismanagement.
                      I didn't know that about the Charlo Castano split but, in that case, it probably is a reasonable indication of what Spence would want. Crawford has one title, that's it. No ppv record to fall back on and no promoter. 60/40 would be the absolute minimum for Spence to insist upon. It's just business. Thanks.
                      Last edited by tokon; 04-16-2022, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X