Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Canelo is Going To Mop Up Golovkin, Stop Him or Hurt Him Really Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    Anyone who has any knowledge of boxing knows that Tim is right. Which is what makes this so shameful. Wasn’t bad enough that canelo waited 2 yrs to face ggg the first time or got caught cheating leading into the second fight. Once he realized that he couldn’t even have his way with a 36 yr old ggg, he convinced his simple fan base that he won convincingly and there wasn’t a need for a third fight. Only to change his mind 4 yrs later and take on the 40 yr old ghost version of ggg, not too dissimilar from the ghost version of Kovalev that he faced. Now someone tell me again how ggg a more dangerous option than facing Benavidez in sept?
    100000000000% right here couldn't have said it better. I do gotta admit canelo has won me over these last few years after the Kovalev fights. But the truth is the truth and this right here is the truth!
    Jab jab boom Jab jab boom likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post

Somehow I think if Max Kellerman had said the same thing, you would have no problem with it.
      Please explain because I don't follow you.

oH WaIt wAiT I gEt iT tiM iS bLaCk aNd mAx Is wHiTe durpeedurpeedurp...

I personally like to hear RJJ and Andre Ward call the fights. I do miss HBO and Jim Lampley because I grew up with them. I also like Mauro Ranallo because he's really colorful. Was never a fan of Tim as a commentator. Not sorry if that hurts your little feelings. He was a warrior as a fighter who also got a few gift decisions but I could take him or preferably leave him as a commentator. On this subject it doesn't matter who it is it's not rocket science to put money on Canelo beating a 40 year old version of GGG. I don't need Tim or anyone else to "break it down" like you need some special insight to come to that conclusion.

Comment

Agree with Tim on this, based on what i saw in last few golovkin fights, he has no business with canelo, he got older means slower in punches and his feet, was breathing heavily mid rounds when pressed a bit (most likely due to body punches from murata)
        at this point canelo will pick him apart.
        canelo in other hand juiced well and now in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post

GGG-Canelo won’t be fighting anyway this fall. Canelo will be fighting Bivol again after a) losing to him in May, or b) winning a controversial gift decision over Bivol and being shamed by the public outcry into giving him a September rematch.
          It’s so funny to hear you say that when majority of the morons say he’s CHERRY PICKING. I agree it’s not a easy fight IF Canelo fights his normal fight. I believe he will box Bivol more and his goal is to outpoint him.

Comment

GGG has had a combined 400 amateur and professional fights.
            the physical and psychological toll that takes on you is immense. The decades, and decades and decades of training, dieting, fighting is starting to show. He’s an absolute legend in the sport but he looked vulnerable and I don’t want to see him get hurt against Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

Please explain because I don't follow you.

oH WaIt wAiT I gEt iT tiM iS bLaCk aNd mAx Is wHiTe durpeedurpeedurp...

I personally like to hear RJJ and Andre Ward call the fights. I do miss HBO and Jim Lampley because I grew up with them. I also like Mauro Ranallo because he's really colorful. Was never a fan of Tim as a commentator. Not sorry if that hurts your little feelings. He was a warrior as a fighter who also got a few gift decisions but I could take him or preferably leave him as a commentator. On this subject it doesn't matter who it is it's not rocket science to put money on Canelo beating a 40 year old version of GGG. I don't need Tim or anyone else to "break it down" like you need some special insight to come to that conclusion.
              I think you're the first person I've seen say they actually like Maura Ranallo. Personally, I find him too clownish and think he should stick to wrestling... but that's just me.
              Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Yeah golovkin looked extremely vulnerable for the first few rounds of that fight the body work from murata was getting to him Abit and if canelo whips them kinda punches at this stage at a higher weight then he probably will end up stopped. Father time waits for noone and Golovkin has held some heavy leather over the years

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
                  The potential probable damage Canelo can cause should be enough for the commission not to sanction the fight but boxing will be boxing.
                  the same damage he put on half the fighter GGG is callum smith? ok

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    Anyone who has any knowledge of boxing knows that Tim is right. Which is what makes this so shameful. Wasn’t bad enough that canelo waited 2 yrs to face ggg the first time or got caught cheating leading into the second fight. Once he realized that he couldn’t even have his way with a 36 yr old ggg, he convinced his simple fan base that he won convincingly and there wasn’t a need for a third fight. Only to change his mind 4 yrs later and take on the 40 yr old ghost version of ggg, not too dissimilar from the ghost version of Kovalev that he faced. Now someone tell me again how ggg a more dangerous option than facing Benavidez in sept?
                    tim bradley is 1 of the biggest idiots of all time. I believe there is nothing to gain by fighting canelo a third time he will not get a fair shake by the judges and he wont knock out canelo. Its common sense to say a athlete is gonna lose something by age 40 so how much did G lose 5% 7% 10%? I dont know definitely not 20%. He won the 1st and worst a draw a the 2nd you will never change the sheeps minds.

Comment

The only issue I have with a prediction like this, is his reasoning doesn't make much sense.

He makes good points about the fight being at 168, how that is probably an advantage for Canelo.

But Canelo doesn't fight at the pace that Murata (or GGG) fights. Murata's gameplan was to try to do what Derevychenko did quite well - push the pace against a guy (GGG) who likes to push the pace, match his output, take his shots for 12 rounds, and try to win a war by accumulation.

To do that for 12 rounds is much easier said than done - GGG likes a fast pace anyway so he is comfortable throwing 70 shots per round. Even against Smith, a high output fight for Canelo, Canelo threw about 40 per round. GGG still lands often, clean, and hard.

Unless Canelo gets real brave or his stamina really improves suddenly, the fight will not play out like Murata-GGG. And for the record, GGG probably outlanded Murata in every round anyway.

I guess when you land 28 punches and your opponent lands 22 or something, people will see what they want to see and give the opponent rounds. Easier to do than if it's a 15 to 10 type of round with punches landed.

GGG will be vulnerable early in the fight with Canelo, first 4-5 rounds. But after that, assuming Canelo isn't able to damage him at all, I favor GGG over the next 8 rounds. His gas tank and output are still too good and Canelo hates that type of pace.
                      Last edited by Boxing-1013; 04-10-2022, 08:45 PM.
                      byfbnz byfbnz likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X