Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: I Wanted To KO Tagoe - But He Was Very Crafty, Made it Difficult

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brutal fight to watch. Tagoe was fighting like a miniature Kingpin Johnson in there and Garcia was ineffective in his efforts to cut off ring, walk him down and get the Ghanaian out of there.

Comment

Tagoe was slippery, all right, but not crafty. He used the same lateral movement with the same timing and the plodding Garcia didn’t have the first idea how to cut him off. After every round, he trudged back to the corner like a zombie where his ultra laid back coach Goosen instilled no urgency or care in his game. Everyone cooing, patting him. The whole point seemed to be to keep the kid’s fragile psyche intact; Garcia on the stool looking distracted, as if he missed his cellphone.

Worst fight of the night on an awful card.

Comment

I turned it off after the third round because I couldn't bear to watch it anymore. I'm not sure if I've ever stopped watching a fight before.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

I keep hearing this chin nonsense and it’s coming from those that saw what they chose to see and not paying close attention. At range he had his hands high and chin tucked all night long. He fought with hands lazy and chin up looking for spots when he was out of range and there was no risk whatsoever. when he stepped in to engage his chin was tucked tight and hands high. I seriously don’t know what fight folks were watching but it’s like people wish to place sins of the past into fights in the present hoping he still fought that way. This was in no way the case during this fight.
          You saw what you wanted to see. His chin is unprotected and when he jabs it is even worst.

Comment

Where the **** was the jab? And his corner didn't mention the word once either. Jab to the body, head. And weren't they saying how they were working on it?

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

You saw what you wanted to see. His chin is unprotected and when he jabs it is even worst.
              Watch the fight again

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Watch the fight again
                The very few times Tagoe threw a left hook it landed flush.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  Tagoe was full of bull before the fight, Ghanaian peppers my eye. Just the same, he brought out the worst in Ryan. All that talk about mastering the jab, new trainer, private gym, for what? He can train at the YMCA to fight like this.
                  For ****s and giggles I googled Ghanaian Peppers and the first one that came up is the Shito, which measures around 37500 on the Scoville Scale. That may sound like a lot but like DBZ power levels, its not that impressive when you look at the big picture. 37500 is right in the middle of the Scoville Scale, on par with the Cayenne Pepper and less then Habanero peppers. Put bluntly Ghanaian peppers are nothing to write home about, much like Tagoe.

Comment

Working...
                  X