Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Euro News: Kiko Martinez, Felix Sturm, Kem Ljungqvist, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Euro News: Kiko Martinez, Felix Sturm, Kem Ljungqvist, More

Spanish veteran and former world champion Kiko Martinez has been advised to retire after the loss to Josh Warrington this past weekend. Martinez, 36, a genuine overachiever, can look back on a long tough career that began in 2004.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kudos to the columnist for unabashedly expressing what really happened in the match between Martinez and Warrington.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      Kudos to the columnist for unabashedly expressing what really happened in the match between Martinez and Warrington.
      That wasn't a fight, that was an ambush. Poor Kiko got the neighborhood ass whooping. Who knows what else they did, besides the elbows, headbutts, lax officials, and biased commentating.
      Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        The fight was a disgrace. Kiko had three major cuts all caused from three separate headbutts. 0 point deductions, terrible ref, biased commentary. Kiko won R3 and R4, but commentary made them seem like clear Warrington rounds, and needless to say Anthony "you'll never see me again" Bellew scored every round for Warrington.

If a point was deducted in R1 for the first blatant headbutt, then the others may not have happened. Also, Lara vs Warrington 2, the fight lasted around 4-5 minutes, and had to be stopped after Warrington landed several blatant headbutts. I used to think Wilder's right hand was the most devastating hit in boxing, but no, it's Warrington's head.

I've noticed what he does to make it seem accidental. He fights in at close quarters in the corner, body to body, touching heads, then steps back, making it seem like he's creating space for a punch, then leaps forward a big fast step with his head, scoring the cut securing blows. He knows exactly what he is doing. And the "expert" pundits at the end didn't really mention it as a significant part of the fight. Nash out.
        Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

The fight was a disgrace. Kiko had three major cuts all caused from three separate headbutts. 0 point deductions, terrible ref, biased commentary. Kiko won R3 and R4, but commentary made them seem like clear Warrington rounds, and needless to say Anthony "you'll never see me again" Bellew scored every round for Warrington.

If a point was deducted in R1 for the first blatant headbutt, then the others may not have happened. Also, Lara vs Warrington 2, the fight lasted around 4-5 minutes, and had to be stopped after Warrington landed several blatant headbutts. I used to think Wilder's right hand was the most devastating hit in boxing, but no, it's Warrington's head.

I've noticed what he does to make it seem accidental. He fights in at close quarters in the corner, body to body, touching heads, then steps back, making it seem like he's creating space for a punch, then leaps forward a big fast step with his head, scoring the cut securing blows. He knows exactly what he is doing. And the "expert" pundits at the end didn't really mention it as a significant part of the fight. Nash out.
          I'm posting here the same picture I posted in the fight's main thread. That's a sledgehammer assault.

NINTCHDBPICT000722310824.jpg?w=670.jpg
          Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X