• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo Alvarez vs Sugar Ray Leonard

Who would win at these weights?

1- At 154
    2- At 160
    3- At 168

I think Leonard would beat Drainelo at 154 and Canelo would beat him in a close fight at 160. Ez win for Canelo at 168.

Cecin likes this.

Canelo struggled to beat Plant and you are talking about Sugar Ray L? lol!

Comment

SRL fought during same day weigh in. No way could Canelo fight at 154 same day. But weight aside SRL would beat him any weight. Too fast and he can take a punch

Comment

Easy win for Canelo at 160 and 168.
        probably loses at 154.
        Cecin likes this.

Comment

Canelo went life and death with Austin Trout and you think he stands a chance against SRL? Lmao you Canelo fanbois needs to stop sniffing Canelo’s ašs
          Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

SRL would toy with him let’s be real.
            Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Ray beats him at any weight. He’s a superior fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
                Canelo struggled to beat Plant and you are talking about Sugar Ray L? lol!
                lmfao
                ezgif-5-d817e69b38.gif

Comment

Yes Ray Leonard beats Alvarez at 154-160 pounds.

I don't think Ray Leonard fought at 168 pounds much, accept for maybe late on in his career.

But for sure, the best versions of Sugar Ray Leonard at 154-160 pounds would beat Alvarez.

Too much educated speed, greater work rate, and great durability. For as long as Alvarez is in there? He is dropping rounds.

Alvarez will be in the same situation like he was against Amir Khan. The only difference is, Sugar Ray Leonard is not getting banged out with a single punch. Alvarez was being out boxed by Khan, and had zero answers for the speed of action 'The only thing he could do was to wait for mistakes, and land a single punch'.

I don't think this would be a good game plan against Sugar Ray Leonard.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-28-2022, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    Ray beats him at any weight. He’s a superior fighter.
                    So is Canelo, some of you guys live in history and romance, Ray fought a bunch of guys nowhere near Canelo as well as the few greats, I think Ray beats him at 154 and possibly 160 because of one thing the same reason Floyd beat him, the style, its the reason Plant went as far as he did, the reason Lara gave him so much trouble, Canelo has slow feet for these types of fighters and he is somewhat stiff, then add into it elite atg status with that style and they beat Canelo all day every day, and that's no put down on Canelo as the best of that style beats all other styles, Canelo would be better suited against Hagler or Hearns, I can see Canelo stopping Hearns in the late rounds because I think Canelo could take his power just as Hagler took Tommys power.

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence, what I see in the younger generation of fans is many are shortchanging the elites of today, they take them for granted and don't realize the best of today would hold their own with the best of any day, there is only milliseconds in this game between the worst and the best, and then half that between the best vs best, then add one clip on the chin can change everything and that's what makes boxing special, the game is different its much harder to stand out today as it was in times gone by. History has a way of allowing imagination and hype to flourish full of emotion and story, if one were to look at any sport like an engineer looks at machinery they will see just how close the best on their night is to each other, truth is, today will become your good old days.

Comment

Working...
                    X