Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berlanga: Rolls Was a Scared Fighter, Tough To Land When He's Scared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
    Why can't Berlanga just be honest, and say that Rolls out boxed him, embarrassing him in front of his fans in the process.
    He's trying to blame Rolls for his own short comings, Rolls ran/boxed but landed plenty of punches along the way.
    Stop looking for the knockout with every punch, you need to box, box, box, and earn the win on points.
    Lame..he didn't get outboxed lol..

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
      And That’s why Canelo cherrypicked these 3 weak pillowfisted champions in BJS, Plant and Bivol. They’re SCARED fighters. All they do is throw pitty pat jabs and run around the ring all night.
      dont know if you will care, but i have to put you on the ignore list. Not sure if you were always like this, but every time i come across your posts its just about your obssessive hate towards canelo.

Comment

Said in the fight thread , that interview was sad mane ............Like "THe OtHeR FiGTheR DiD NOt Do WhAt I WAntEd" !!!!!!!!!!!!!, my dude you are supposed to adapt during a fight .Berlanga needs to take sometime off and re-evaluate his team , TBH he needs to fire everyone if I were him I maybe reach out to Robert Garcia ...

Comment

I have never seen a winner give an interview that shook. I think Edgar has realized several things:

- His power isn't bailing him out
          - All his marketing hype is over and with it his boogieman status
          - He doesn't have the footwork to cut off the ring
          - His defense is shoddy
          - No clear game plan
          - Too many voices in his corner
          - He's not ready for contender status

Basically Edgar's 16 first round KOs were actually a detriment as it impeded his boxing skill growth. I think in Edgar's head he wrote off the Nicholson and Coceres UDs as a fluke but 3 fights in a row where you go the distance (and Rolls is 37) is no longer a fluke.

Comment

I hate to say this about fighters...but Berlanga sucks. He's big and he hits like a truck, but I don't see a single other thing he does well. I'm honestly not sure where he goes from here. They'll probably just have to protect him with easy fights before a cash out, but he's not getting any better over his last few fights and he ain't very good right now

Comment

I thought it at the time, and now looking back, those 16 KO's seem even faker and phonier. Some of those dudes went flying like a busted swan when he landed a tap. (i.e. Sierra)
              Last edited by Wacked_Out; 03-20-2022, 03:21 PM.

Comment

What’s wrong with just saying that Berlanga is a decent prospect, but his 18 first round knockouts were a waste of time and caused him to be overhyped?

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post

I can see him MAYBE winning a vacant belt vs some random dude. Arum can probably pull some strings and get him a title shot for a vacant belt, but after that, I don’t see him being too successful against proven guys who can box.
                  Berlanga has too many flaws. He is too offense minded, doesn't set up his punches and doesn't incorporate defense with the offense. Either he goes in with his Kirkland impersonation or he relaxes a bit and actually go in a fight with a plan.

Comment

Berlanga is basic. He’s still young hopefully he’ll improve

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
                      And That’s why Canelo cherrypicked these 3 weak pillowfisted champions in BJS, Plant and Bivol. They’re SCARED fighters. All they do is throw pitty pat jabs and run around the ring all night.
                      Do you go to bed with Canelo on your mind? Did he *** your wife while you watched with a gag ball in your mouth? You literally comment about Canelo and this isn’t even an article about Canelo.

Go seek help pleb.
                      VashDBasher VashDBasher likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X