Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan: When I Woke Up I Was Like 'What Happened? Did I Lose?'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan: When I Woke Up I Was Like 'What Happened? Did I Lose?'

Featherweight contender Michael Conlan has no recollection of the vicious knockout that he suffered at the hands of Leigh Wood this past Saturday in Nottingham.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Absolutely great fight and the atmosphere in the arena piped even that of Froch v Bute .If ever a rematch was in order then this is it. Rematches should be saved for special fights like this.
    Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

yeah i think a rematch would be a popular choice, would be interesting to see if anyone could make some adjustments to make it easier for themselves

Comment

If I was advising Leigh Wood I wouldn’t tell him to take the rematch. Looks like Conlon believed in his power a bit too much after the 1st round when he could have just boxed in the last two rounds

Comment

Conlons stocks actually went up. One tough dude who belongs at the very top. A title will come

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
            If I was advising Leigh Wood I wouldn’t tell him to take the rematch. Looks like Conlon believed in his power a bit too much after the 1st round when he could have just boxed in the last two rounds
            He was only up by 1 on two cards in to the final round , so would have lost on a majority draw had he have lost the round if it had gone the distance .I agreed with the 3 rounds up judge. He was the better fighter for the most part ...but what a stayer Wood was!

Comment

Gotta give it to Conlan, yeah he lost but he showed he is indeed a fighter. Gotta say I'd watch the rematch.
              Helion Helion likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post

He was only up by 1 on two cards in to the final round , so would have lost on a majority draw had he have lost the round if it had gone the distance .I agreed with the 3 rounds up judge. He was the better fighter for the most part ...but what a stayer Wood was!
                Great fight. I had him 5 up going into R10, but gave Wood that round, then R11 10-8, so down to 2 points on my card. I get why people might think the judges had it too close, but Wood had clawed back 3 points in the last 2 rounds, and the middle rounds were hard to score, so even though Conlon, for the most part, was the better man, it was getting tight score-wise. 50-50 rematch imo, but Wood, as the winner, deserves a look for an even bigger fight, and the rematch will still be there in a year or two. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
                  That's why you didn't get the job. You should apply at TMT...they love advising fighters against facing challenges.

Comment

he'd lose again in a rematch, wood figured him out towards the end. a lot of fighters are never the same after a brutal KO like that, and he was never anything special to begin with. also who says he is going to get a rematch, ending was pretty conclusive he was KTFO of the ring, no rematch needed.
                    Last edited by Prince Madison; 03-14-2022, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X