Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Canelo call off the Bivol fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Canelo call off the Bivol fight?

I want to see the fight as much as the next guy, but given the current situation its worth considering it.

FIFA kicked Russia out of the world cup, UEFA did the same to Russian clubs. Most sports organizations are doing the same.

I don't have anything against Bivol, but playing Russian anathem and waving their flag would legitimize Russia as a country and make it seem like nothing happened

Not to mention, the fight is on DAZN which is owned by one of Putin's Russian oligarchs buddies

Obviously it will probably not happen because there's too much money on the table for Canelo from that deal with DAZN but it would be nice if he did it

Cancel it? I just read they're trying to make it in Abu Dhabi

Comment

That would be stupid. Don't blame innocents for their leaders being ass holes
      BaguMka, Rip Chudd and 7 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        I want to see the fight as much as the next guy, but given the current situation its worth considering it.

FIFA kicked Russia out of the world cup, UEFA did the same to Russian clubs. Most sports organizations are doing the same.

I don't have anything against Bivol, but playing Russian anathem and waving their flag would legitimize Russia as a country and make it seem like nothing happened

Not to mention, the fight is on DAZN which is owned by one of Putin's Russian oligarchs buddies

Obviously it will probably not happen because there's too much money on the table for Canelo from that deal with DAZN but it would be nice if he did it
        everyone in russia will be watching, maybe a good oportunity for bivol to send the right message...

Comment

Should he cancel the Golovkin fight too since Golovkin is ethnically Russian?
          Last I heard he's trying to get the fight done in the middle east so I don't think he cares too much about political situations.

Comment

No he shouldn't, and none of the reasons you gave as to why he should make any sense either.

Any sports organization that is preventing or plan to prevent russian teams or athletes from competing are way off, and not actually doing it because it's the right thing to do - it is not and people who think it is are completely out of touch - but because they are being pressured to do it. Boxing being a niche sport, I doubt Canelo is gonna be pressured to do it. Politics should be kept out of the sport anyway, period.
            Also I wasn't aware Russia wasn't a country anymore. I could have sworn it was a country six days ago.

Turn off your tv, stop blindly swallowing that western propaganda and turn on your brain buddy.

Comment

It would be "nice" if canelo canceled the bivol fight huh? In what way would it be "nice"?

Comment

No, why should he?

So you think they should have banned the USA for all the sh it we have done in the last 3/4+ of the Century?

Comment

Or if you just stop hyperventilating?
                  Unbelievable what media can do to people...

Comment

Is it Bivol's fault? What a silly thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X