Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Trainer on Brook Fight: 'I Was About To Stop It'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Bomac agreed to train Khan, he was getting someone from the outset, who had already been brutally knocked out several times b4, already slowed down in timing, speed, and reflexes. And with many bad habits in the ring. Someone like that, u can get their body in shape, work on combinations, defense and some strategy, but u can't restore their motor functions, fix their brain damage, or give them a better chin. U also can't fix all the bad habits in just one camp. So it's not Bomac's fault that Amir Khan looks like Rocky Dennis right now

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
      When Bomac agreed to train Khan, he was getting someone from the outset, who had already been brutally knocked out several times b4, already slowed down in timing, speed, and reflexes. And with many bad habits in the ring. Someone like that, u can get their body in shape, work on combinations, defense and some strategy, but u can't restore their motor functions, fix their brain damage, or give them a better chin. U also can't fix all the bad habits in just one camp. So it's not Bomac's fault that Amir Khan looks like Rocky Dennis right now
      Who else has Bomac successfully trained, besides Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Trash meaningless fight that keeps getting threads over the same topic. I said it before that the fighter that was least shot was going to win and it was clear what happened.

Now the vultures are circling Brook for his popularity at this time.
        Meaningless fight that keeps getting threads over the same topic?
        But
        You keep reading the same threads & leaving a comment every time
        Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

It's nice to see a trainer who has so-called trained 20 champions, but most of the time, it's not from scratch. It's them acquiring a fighter who is already experienced and knows how to box. When u take a kid from scratch to dominate in the amateurs, then dominate in the pros, to remain undefeated, then reach pound for pound status, that's a special thing. How many times must a trainer do that, in order to be considered a great trainer? Like Virgil Hunter and Andre Ward. Bill Miller didn't need to make 20 James Toney's to be considered as a great trainer. Neither did Hagler's coaches, and the list goes on- Harold Johnson's dad Phil Johnson, Yank Durham and Joe Frazier, Wesley Mouzon and Dwight Qawi, etc. There are so many examples of great trainers who took someone from scratch and molded them into greatness and weren't known for producing 20 or 30 other champs

Comment

Khans wife is part of this conspiracy to dethrone 'king Khan', She wanted him as fit as possible so he could take the mother of all beatings and have Carl Froch call him 'bambi legs' ...he did and he did!

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Meaningless fight that keeps getting threads over the same topic?
              But
              You keep reading the same threads & leaving a comment every time
              Lol
              I don't comment in every Brook/Khan topic. On top of that it is the only thing that is getting posted here on the mains stream so frequent. The build up was ridiculous too and I didn't comment on every thread. At this point it is annoying.

Now you got people hyping up Brook like he is a top fighter and he will take one of they young fighters for a good purse and get beat up again. You can see the vultures circling Brook's popularity at the moment.

I said it before if Brook wants a good fight at 154 that he has a chance of winning without getting beaten up he should fight Danny Garcia.
              greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Khan got beat up like an old fashioned ass whooping
                The first solid shot Brook landed, Khan was already on shaky legs lol. Then Khan got tagged more, and he had a smirk on his face trying to play it off like he didn't feel Brook's power.

I was like, this guy isn't fooling anyone.

After the 1st round, I knew it was going to be a long, well actually short night for Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

——-/-
                  That’s a silly apples to oranges question. Who else had Roger Mayweather besides Floyd?
                  Who else had Tito Trinidad Sr trained besides his son Tito?
                  Who else had Joe Calzaghe’s dad trained besides Joe?

Virgil Hunter started taking in other fighters after Ward became great.

Trying to diminish Bomac is just silly of you. FYI, I don’t care for Khan, glad he got beat

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

I don't comment in every Brook/Khan topic. On top of that it is the only thing that is getting posted here on the mains stream so frequent. The build up was ridiculous too and I didn't comment on every thread. At this point it is annoying.

Now you got people hyping up Brook like he is a top fighter and he will take one of they young fighters for a good purse and get beat up again. You can see the vultures circling Brook's popularity at the moment.

I said it before if Brook wants a good fight at 154 that he has a chance of winning without getting beaten up he should fight Danny Garcia.
                    Khan vs Brook was a sold out event and was talked about for years
                    Hence why there's a lot a articles on BoxingScene about it
                    Soo
                    I do guess You are entitled to your opinion of Brook
                    But still
                    I don't agree Khan/Brook was a meaningless fight tho

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Khan vs Brook was a sold out event and was talked about for years
                      Hence why there's a lot a articles on BoxingScene about it
                      Soo
                      I do guess You are entitled to your opinion of Brook
                      But still
                      I don't agree Khan/Brook was a meaningless fight tho
                      That fight would had been better years ago, it clearly was past its due date. It was a one sided beating in where Khan should not had been in there in the first place. Khan looked roided up and still lost without giving any real resistance. In the Crawford fight he didn't even try and looked gun shy and shot.

Brook looked better against Crawford and was executing his plan but his punch resistance is not good anymore. He got staggered and hurt by a jab and couldn't recuperate. Journey men the fought Crawford did better.
                      Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 02-23-2022, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X