Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada-Joshua Franco: WBA Formally Orders Title Consolidation Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada-Joshua Franco: WBA Formally Orders Title Consolidation Clash

Joshua Franco is now one win away from taking up his younger brother on a playful dare to unify titles. The World Boxing Association (WBA) has formally ordered a junior bantamweight title consolidation clash between Franco as the secondary titlist and lineal/WBA "Super" champion Juan Francisco Estrada. San Antonio's Franco (18-1-2, 8KOs) was already guaranteed a shot at the primary WBA title, with that opportunity now to come on the heels of younger brother Jesse 'Bam' Rodriguez (15-0, 10KOs) having claimed the WBC junior bantamweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting fight. Franco is a solid fighter but not sure he's on the level of Estrada. I don't think he has the power of El Gallo and I'm not sure he's a good enough boxer to win that way either. His brother looks more polished and skilled IMO. I see Estrada outclassing him.

Comment

If Estrada beats Franco, the marketing is there for Estrada/Bam. This division is back on fire!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
        If Estrada beats Franco, the marketing is there for Estrada/Bam. This division is back on fire!
        Superfly never kindled its flame you moron.

Comment

This is the second time that the WBA orders Juan Francisco Estrada to consolidate its fragmented title. I remember when 'El Gallo' was the WBA 'Super' Champion at 112, the WBA ordered Estrada to consolidate with the 'Regular' champion, Kazuto Ioka. Well Estrada vacated and went on to 115, the rest is history.

What a break for JFE, many felt he lucked-up vs. 'Chocolatito' and should of lost all titles, now he can face a lesser opponent and get a good purse -- and by the way, is the WBC 'Franchise' title at stake -- if it is not, that's pretty funny.

Comment

Estrada-Franco needs Bam on the card

Comment

Surely the wba will now do the same at 135?

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                Surely the wba will now do the same at 135?
                The Davis-Romero winner is an eliminator for this

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

The Davis-Romero winner is an eliminator for this
                  Wba have said this? When's that fight happening? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Wba have said this? When's that fight happening? Thanks.
                    They have. Nothing is scheduled yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X