Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Raymond Ford Claims Unpopular Split Decision Win Over Edward Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah it is a lot of Amateur Americans ran and turned pro way too early and Ray was one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Hispanic fighter gets robbed again
      True. Always faroting the Afro fighters if the fight was close. The judges are afraid of being called racists. People were outraged when a Hispanic fighter defeated an Afro and called one of the judges a racist, and it mada headlines in the news but when a Hispanic gets robbed, whici is most of the time, the Afro gets a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        yeah it is a lot of Amateur Americans ran and turned pro way too early and Ray was one of them
        This has to be the lamest excuse Ive seen someone make to simply not accept that a black fighter is simply s**t. Thats east coast cuckolds for you.

There is literally no alternate dimension where Ford is not a mediocre plodding pillow-fisted bobblehead.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          I dunno, thought it was close. 96-94, 95-95. What i find interesting is that the house fighter always seems to get the nod in these.
          the crazy part is... Hearn.... Ford's promoter believes the guy lost and the scores were absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post

the crazy part is... Hearn.... Ford's promoter believes the guy lost and the scores were absurd.
            I thought Ford lost, I wasn't keeping detailed scoring of the rounds, but it was a close fought affair. Vasquez dictated pace and style and landed some really nice lead rights and body shots. Despite this, I thought Ford landed very clean, eye catching shots.

As for the judges, I think often times bad scorecards are the result of indirect (and often unconscious) bias. The judges know who the house's fighter is, they know who's footing the event, their eyes naturally are drawn to the guy they expect to be the favorite. Because of these things, they give the benefit of the doubt to one guy (or girl) when they score the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

So what about the 2 judges who scored it 7-3 and 8-2 to Ford?
              They had it crazy wrong! I have no problem with that, I just see Ford landing cleaner and more professional with his punch selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Javcar View Post

I had 120 amateur fights in the 90s. The guys were a lot better than. Raymond Ford lost. You don’t know about boxing. You need to stop pretending you’re an expert. I can tell by what you wrote that you’re young and that you never fought. Ford doesn’t win in any scenario. He loses this fight in the amateurs and in the pros. This decision needs to be overturned and everyone involved in this decision needs to be investigated. People are betting and losing money on these rigged fights.
                So, you want a cookie! I'm young enough to have trained with the best of the best and fought in nationals a few times and fought a pretty good former champion also in Paul Spadafora as a professional and never was down or stopped in a fight but when you are from Detroit and slick it's a given. Also, by the way in 1984 the gold medalist in my weight class was Steve McCrory so I'm not ashamed of my accomplishment's ass wipe; but my opinion stands firm.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

They had it crazy wrong! I have no problem with that, I just see Ford landing cleaner and more professional with his punch selection.
                  Ford didn't land the "cleaner" shots or was more "professional" with his shot selection,whatever that means. Ford a landed a few "flashy" combos at his range but the vast majority of his punches were short and/or hit gloves. What good is it to land the more "professional" punches if you're clearly getting outworked and are being outlanded 2/1??

Vasquez was countering Ford's jab most of the night with overhand rights and clearly outworked and outlanded Ford on the ropes,especially to the body. Vasquez was robbed of a hard fought victory and there's no way to spin it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Ford didn't land the "cleaner" shots or was more "professional" with his shot selection,whatever that means. Ford a landed a few "flashy" combos at his range but the vast majority of his punches were short and/or hit gloves. What good is it to land the more "professional" punches if you're clearly getting outworked and are being outlanded 2/1??

Vasquez was countering Ford's jab most of the night with overhand rights and clearly outworked and outlanded Ford on the ropes,especially to the body. Vasquez was robbed of a hard fought victory and there's no way to spin it any other way.
                    Cut the dam week ass announcers off and judge without sound and tell me what you saw in the 1st 4 rounds because they had it completely opposite of the way I seen it, and I have been judging these things a number of years and rarly get a fight wrong in fact I pic maybe 92% all year round for maybe 38 years now, but everyone have a differant lens.

Comment

His last fight before this was probably the best I've seen him so I was hoping to see more but there isn;t much progression. Luckily for viewers, the ref was on top of the normal amount of holding he does which is why the fight was entertaining enough. I thought it was "close", Vazquez had some lulls; but it definitely felt like Ford needed a round or two.

I had some hope that the score would be better given the previous fight on the card had the right score. I'll watch a rematch but the ref will be a factor imo

Comment

Working...
                      X