Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Reacts To Dropping Record $41 Million Bid For Fury-Whyte Rights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how much more will they have to pay Whyte to help promote this.
    Can easily imagine Fury and Frank sitting alone at pressers....

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Haha. That made me laugh. I do wonder how much of this was Queensbury money and how much was Top Rank and ESPN. The numbers seem disproportionate for this fight, can it make money especially in the era of covid? I can't see where it would be a PPV in the US with less than ideal time slot.
      And also, how much of that money came from Daniel K.?
      Though it's even more possible that Frank and Fury made a side deal (Frank only pays Whyte off of that 41M).

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
        I really don't care as long as they're fighting but does this mean the split is agreed to? Or, are we worried about this not getting done still.
        The arbitrator can still change the split.
        The question is, who is responsible for the shortfall if the arbitrator gives Whyte more than 20%, WBC or winning promoter?

Comment

Glad the fights going ahead

Whyte deserves his shot , win or lose we are gonna see a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Haha. That made me laugh. I do wonder how much of this was Queensbury money and how much was Top Rank and ESPN. The numbers seem disproportionate for this fight, can it make money especially in the era of covid? I can't see where it would be a PPV in the US with less than ideal time slot.
            Warren is pretty much a cheer leader to be honest . Will it make a profit ? I doubt it .. Hearn has let himself be mugged , I said it before he should have stayed at sky and be backed by their brand and reputation, he’s working 25% harder for 25% less and he’s put himself under unnecessary pressure.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by No look hook View Post
              Winners will maybe fight May 2023..after all, it's boxing n Hearn pull some weasel ish delaying the fight. But he is he has Whyte, Joshua and usyk..manipulative Lil mfer
              Another delusional Fury stan. Hearn already made an undisputed fight last year remember, and who pulled out of that, conveniently ‘forgetting’ he’d got another rematch clause with Wilder?

Without Fury wasting 4 years fighting Wilder again and again (and people call out ‘rematchroom’) we’d have had undisputed long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by â (Low- ) View Post
                Thats the Biden inflation rate..if this isn't proof of being able to put a true boxing superstar in the ring with anyone and get ya money back, then I don't know what is..imo fury is the GOAT at HW, but Whyte is a tune up fight that the British part-timers, pub tossers, and Anglo folks who claim they've seen flying saucers will pay top dollar and heavy pound for both at home and at the gate...I'll watch because I'll watch Fury any time he fights, I am just not sure I'll want to pay the price thats about to come with it.
                Haha. You’ve literally just said that Fury is a true superstar and they can make their money back against anyone, but you’re not sure if the fight will be worth paying for.

Comment

I wonder how it works, how they get all that money. It must be that they get that guarantee from the bank, and the bank wants the money back in interest from the profits from the fight.

Anyway, Fury is just too skillful for Whyte. I don't see how he could lose, unless he got really sloppy and got caught a few times. Whyte's chin isn't that good, been ko'd twice.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
                    Parker v Joyce on the undercard would be awesome!
                    Parker is Furys side piece now , Joyce and Fury are very good friends he won’t let his bromance buddy take that one even if he wanted it .

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                      I wonder how it works, how they get all that money. It must be that they get that guarantee from the bank, and the bank wants the money back in interest from the profits from the fight.

Anyway, Fury is just too skillful for Whyte. I don't see how he could lose, unless he got really sloppy and got caught a few times. Whyte's chin isn't that good, been ko'd twice.
                      I imagine a large chunk is guaranteed by BT sport and ESPN, and remember only a small portion is front ended. It's the purse for the fight, so it's paid to the fighters once they've fought, by which point the fight revenues will be in.
                      Last edited by Monty Fisto; 01-29-2022, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X