Warren OH USA (UTC-5)

Ilunga Junior Makabu vs Thabiso Mchunu II

12 ROUNDS

BETTING ODDS:

Makabu: -150 Mchunu: +125

https://www.proboxingodds.com/events/2022-01-29-1534

Optional X5 Multiplier only applicable on Mchunu

Ways fighters can win:

DECISION: CLOSE (0-9), CLEAR (10 - 18), WIDE (19+)
    KO: EARLY (1-4), MID (5-8) or LATE (9-12)

Examples of the ways you can state your decision:

PICK EM CREW, Mchunu, KO, Mid x3
    PICK EM CREW, PETROV, MCHUNU, WIDE x5
    PICK EM CREW MAKABU KO LATE
    If no multiplier is specified in your pick (ie x2, x3) then it will be assumed that no multiplier is being used (x1)
    If you wish to pick a Draw result, simply state your Username, both fighter names and DRAW, ie:

PICK EM CREW, MAKABU MCHUNU DRAW

NOTES:
    -Picking the correct winner earns 20 pts
    -Picking the correct method earns 10 pts
    -Picking the correct detail is worth 10 pts
    -Draws are worth 150 pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 40pts.

-CLOSE is 8 or fewer pts difference, eg 116 - 112, 115 -113 115 - 113 or closer. CLEAR is 9 - 17 pts difference, eg below 117 - 111 on all three cards WIDE is 18 points or over ie an average of 117 -111 or above on all three cards

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 10 doubles and 6 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread. Every player also has 3 x5 special multipliers which can be only be used on an underdog (+100 or greater) fighter.

If I could ask one of the mods to kindly sticky this thread and remove anything else Pick Em related except the 2021 masterthread, be greatly appreciated. And thanks once again for your help gentlemen.

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

Hmmm... well despite my curiousity about the odd choice of locale and venue this remains a really intriguing fight, great styles match-up between arguably two of the best Africans in the sport today. Which begs the question as to why t/f it's happening at a music hall in Warren, Ohio that hasn't been used as a boxing venue in 15 years....

Anyways... long awaited rematch from the anticipated but untelevised (outside Africa) first meeting nearly 7 years ago in which Thabiso was up on the cards at the time of the 11th round stoppage. Questions here whether the undoubtedly slicker and more skilled counterpuncher Mchunu can keep the heavier handed Makabu off him for the full 12 this time.

I remember spending hours looking for a way to stream South African TV back in 2015, but like most had to just settle for the result and much-later, the catch up on Youtube which you can see above. Really, really looking forward to see if my dude Thabiso can take the re-match.
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Ganondorf Makabu KO Late

Comment

mlac
        Mchunu pts wide x5

Comment

Satir

Mchunu Dec Clear

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            mlac
            Mchunu pts wide x5
            Very, very tempted to use an x5 on Thabiso myself. Absolutely no doubt in my mind who the better boxer is here and I'm banking on Mchunu managing his stamina better this time around, or whatever the hell it was that saw Junior taking over in the second half of their first meeting. Either way really looking forward to it.

Comment

Tatabanya, Makabu, KO, late
              Last edited by Tatabanya; 01-25-2022, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Very, very tempted to use an x5 on Thabiso myself. Absolutely no doubt in my mind who the better boxer is here and I'm banking on Mchunu managing his stamina better this time around, or whatever the hell it was that saw Junior taking over in the second half of their first meeting. Either way really looking forward to it.
                The only thing I’ve been wondering about is the fact they threw Canelo’s name in the mix. Is this gonna have an adverse effect? Looking forward toooooo much for that potential payday.

Comment

SUBZER0ED;

Makabu, KO, late

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

You have Mchunu listed as the favorite in the odds.

Comment

Working...
                    X