Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. 'Still Dealing' With Death Of His Younger Brother; Using It As Motivation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. 'Still Dealing' With Death Of His Younger Brother; Using It As Motivation

    By Keith Idec - ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A day doesn't pass when Gary Russell Jr. doesn't think a lot about his late younger brother, Gary "Boosa" Russell. "Boosa" was just 25 when he died from a heart attack in December 2020. Gary Russell Jr. will fight for the first time Saturday night since his brother's death 13 months ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    I don't want to be hard on Gary, but this pity party is getting ridiculous. I'm sorry about his dad and his brother, but motivated to do what? Sit on his ass?

    Comment


    • #3
      I just don't think Gary is mentally there right now. You can tell he's got a lot going on in his mind and heart. Too bad he can't reschedule the fight. I love watching Gary fight. One of the best boxers in boxing. It's funny, however, that he still can't accept that he got a beat down by Lomachenko. He must have forgot that if there were 10 more seconds in the 12th round, he'd be waking up to a doctor looking over him.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wasn't aware of the adversity surrounding Russell Jr n I apologize for my previous stance
        Had I known I wouldn't have talked trash. My stance on inactivity doesn't change n it's still not good for the progression of the sport, I find solace in Thurman losing to pac. Super inactive. Now I don't care wtf Thurman does
        RoadMan94 likes this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Gary deserves a medal. For what he’s had to go through just him being alive now is an accomplishment. Never mind getting in their and fighting. The stuff he’s been through the last 2 years or so has been horrendous. Normal everyday people would need serious time off work or counselling to get over.

          Would be great to see his arm lifted later as the winner! Nothing but respect to him and his family.
          mgame likes this.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post
            Gary deserves a medal. For what he’s had to go through just him being alive now is an accomplishment. Never mind getting in their and fighting. The stuff he’s been through the last 2 years or so has been horrendous. Normal everyday people would need serious time off work or counselling to get over.

            Would be great to see his arm lifted later as the winner! Nothing but respect to him and his family.
            He hasn't fought in 2 years. Normal everyday ppl? Do you see him as some sort of higher being?
            siablo14 likes this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post
              Gary deserves a medal. For what he’s had to go through just him being alive now is an accomplishment. Never mind getting in their and fighting. The stuff he’s been through the last 2 years or so has been horrendous. Normal everyday people would need serious time off work or counselling to get over.

              Would be great to see his arm lifted later as the winner! Nothing but respect to him and his family.
              Who doesn't have grief in their Life? Who never lost anybody? Everybody goes through it, unless they die first.
              siablo14 likes this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
                I just don't think Gary is mentally there right now. You can tell he's got a lot going on in his mind and heart. Too bad he can't reschedule the fight. I love watching Gary fight. One of the best boxers in boxing. It's funny, however, that he still can't accept that he got a beat down by Lomachenko. He must have forgot that if there were 10 more seconds in the 12th round, he'd be waking up to a doctor looking over him.
                It's really a statement to his character! How many people did Lomachenko stop, or make quit? How many people have still yet to fight him (Tank, KingRy, Haney)? He beats GRJ by MD! That loss doesn't look so bad now! Plus, it's his ONLY loss!
                siablo14 and mgame like this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What an unhealthy family.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by No look hook View Post
                    I wasn't aware of the adversity surrounding Russell Jr n I apologize for my previous stance
                    Had I known I wouldn't have talked trash. My stance on inactivity doesn't change n it's still not good for the progression of the sport, I find solace in Thurman losing to pac. Super inactive. Now I don't care wtf Thurman does
                    This is a really cool post. Sometimes we get carried away with things, and find out later that maybe we were in the wrong for our comments. I don't know what you're referring to when you said "had I known i wouldn't have talked trash". But the fact that you acknowledge it, that tells me a lot about your character as a man.

                    Going forward in the comments on this site, I will always be aware that you are one of the decent human beings here. It takes balls to say you're wrong. Or you're sorry. So for someone here to have that mindset, you've really made an impact on me.

                    Some of the posters here are ignorant and just act like idiots 24/7. You've made a friend in me, just based off your mindset.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP