Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mchunu Confident He Will Correct Past Mistakes, Shock Ilunga Makabu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mchunu Confident He Will Correct Past Mistakes, Shock Ilunga Makabu

On January 29th at the Packard Music Hall in Ohio, World Boxing Council cruiserweight champion Junior Illunga Makabu (28-2, 25KO`s) defends his belt against WBC Silver Champion Thabiso Mchunu (23-5, 13KO`s).
    [Click Here To Read More]

winner of this lays claim to Champion of Africa - worth more than a trinket belt. If you've ever been to Africa you know it's a massive continent teeming with a huge variety of people. Re-watched the first fight - this second one could be a classic too.
    Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

I'm with Thabiso here, guys a far more talented boxer than Makabu and was running away with it in the first fight then just seemed to gas mid-point. Pretty confident he's gonna mange his energy better this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        winner of this lays claim to Champion of Africa - worth more than a trinket belt. If you've ever been to Africa you know it's a massive continent teeming with a huge variety of people. Re-watched the first fight - this second one could be a classic too.
        You given any thought to joining in this years Pick Em man? We're a coupla fights in already but nothing that couldn't be caught up pretty quickly.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...y-29th-january

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

You given any thought to joining in this years Pick Em man? We're a coupla fights in already but nothing that couldn't be caught up pretty quickly.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...y-29th-january
          ah, thanks for that Citizen, I'll take a look, might lift my recent mood (back from a sunny break - now grey, dull Birmingham. Are you in the northwest?

Comment

ah, thanks for that Citizen, I'll take a look, might lift my recent mood (back from a sunny break - now grey, dull Birmingham. Are you in the northwest?
            Everyone calls me Koba, and yeah, right on the outskirts of Stockport, edge of the Peak District... reckon the weather's usually just as grey here but at least I got some pretty views to look at since I moved back out to the hills.

Comment

Everyone calls me Koba, and yeah, right on the outskirts of Stockport, edge of the Peak District... reckon the weather's usually just as grey here but at least I got some pretty views to look at since I moved back out to the hills.
              Koba it is!

Was just looking at it now - see you have gone for Mchunu. I'm thinking why is this fight in the backwater of Warren Ohio? There can't be more money there than a big city. And Don King is involved. Bought judges? I'm thinking Mchunu has to get a KO to win. Are you staying up to watch the fight? I'm tempted even though I value my sleep a lot.

Never been to Northwest towns and cities - only passing through on way to lake district or Scotland - and that was many moons ago - in general if I'm gong away I like to get off this island but my son has Manchester down as one of his uni choices so could change.

Comment

Koba it is!

Was just looking at it now - see you have gone for Mchunu. I'm thinking why is this fight in the backwater of Warren Ohio? There can't be more money there than a big city. And Don King is involved. Bought judges? I'm thinking Mchunu has to get a KO to win. Are you staying up to watch the fight? I'm tempted even though I value my sleep a lot.

Never been to Northwest towns and cities - only passing through on way to lake district or Scotland - and that was many moons ago - in general if I'm gong away I like to get off this island but my son has Manchester down as one of his uni choices so could change.
                IDK man, it's bizarre choice of venue and the fact that Makabus name has been linked with Canelo and some big $$$ has to make you wonder but in the absence of evidence what can you say? That's boxing all over though isn't... the hidden factor that you got to allow for that you can never be quite sure what's happening behind the scenes.

And... yeah, probably gonna stay up for this one even though at nearly 50 staying up till the early hours pretty much wipes out my Sunday. Used to be I'd be up every weekend near as dammit but these days maybe once every month or so depending how much work I got on.

And all I can say is that if your son does end up in Manchester I can virtually guarantee he'll have a great time, massive student population so students are really catered for plus we got some of the best nightlife / music scenes in the country... although not all parents might consider that a plus..

Comment

IDK man, it's bizarre choice of venue and the fact that Makabus name has been linked with Canelo and some big $$$ has to make you wonder but in the absence of evidence what can you say? That's boxing all over though isn't... the hidden factor that you got to allow for that you can never be quite sure what's happening behind the scenes.

And... yeah, probably gonna stay up for this one even though at nearly 50 staying up till the early hours pretty much wipes out my Sunday. Used to be I'd be up every weekend near as dammit but these days maybe once every month or so depending how much work I got on.

And all I can say is that if your son does end up in Manchester I can virtually guarantee he'll have a great time, massive student population so students are really catered for plus we got some of the best nightlife / music scenes in the country... although not all parents might consider that a plus..
                  tell me about getting wiped out - i'm 61. Best way is go to bed early but that works better for west coast fights.

Do i have to let someone officially know that i want to be in the Pick Em or do I just get included by putting a pick for this fight?

I looked on the map - people from Cleveland and Pittsburgh , 2 big cities can make it, but still a head-scratcher. I do believe there is corruption in boxing - but hard to prove - but as others say, and I agree with, "just follow the money" - and whoever wins might get a huge payday with Canelo - and King is the fight promoter so.....

Good to know about Manchester - thanks - I'll tell my son

Comment

Working...
                  X