No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Hooker Would Be Very Tough Fight For Conor Benn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t hooker from a lower division?
    Hooker was at 140 when he was a belt holder. He had issues making that weight and had talked about moving up to welterweight for a while. I believe his first fight at WW was against Vergil Ortiz. It was a fairly violent fight, Hooker got into a brawl and did land some nice shots off Vergil's skull. He injured his hand but was also beaten into submission in that fight.

I think Hooker is in a tough spot, he clearly has issues making 140 and probably weakened himself with that cut, however I'm not sure he can handle 147. It's possible that his durability and power benefit from the jump in weight but going against Ortiz isnt an ideal way to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Not Ennis but Ava they should fight
      Hearn doesn’t want his fighters having any part of Ava lol. RN, Ennis beats the breaks off Benn, unless Benn lands a miracle bomb imo

Comment

If he was smart he would seek Mikey Garcia. Id personally like to see him fight Blair Cobbs. That would be a great even scrap.

Comment

I like this fight. Hooker is sneaky enough, and experienced enough to give Connor the business. 50-50 fight with the size difference.

Comment

Why didn't Benn sign up for VADA?

Comment

Hearn is a clown.. stay running PBC fighters names out of his mouth, when they have no intention facing any of his fighters

Comment

Adrien boner is the yank version of amir “king khunt” Khan.
                I would love to see young conor get that fight, boner gettin proper facked up and doin the zab Judah dance again like he did against maidana.
                there are some good American up coming fighters also in the running but like some say, it’s goin political again with which networks which and who’s with which. All bollocks but be assured, if you can get an honest promoter in any part of the world it would be the hearns.
                it’s mainly the yanks on here that run him off but they don’t know him and are just jealous, look at the American boxers under his wing, I rest my case.
                his dad had a good reputation here in England as a sports promoter and by far and wide better than ole fish face warren.
                I pick conor to beat any mentioned although ennis…..maybe later on when the big fights are mentioned assuming both men keep marching forward.

Comment

Hooker is completely punch drunk.

Comment

Haymon doesn't pay much and in installments, Benns fan base is in the US and PBC is America only.

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
                    If all Hearn does is beg for PBC fighters to fight Benn, why doesn't Been just sign with Al Haymon.

Comment

I don't know dodgy, I guess he'll claim cost.
                      He didn't actually not sign up to VADA though he appears to have not signed up to the WBC clean boxing program whose testing is supposed to be done by VADA (it was proved some clean boxing passes never had a VADA test and the WBC pocketed the money). With the clean boxing program you seem to be able to skip testing day anyway (eg the Charlos) so would seem worth it for the PR

I should have to do WADA / UKAD automatically to box at that level, they are the ones who went after Whyte / Fury some US fighters have passed VADA gone to the UK and failed UKAD but the rules are different as Saunders proved so I'd like to be sure he does VADA as well (Josuha etc does both) I don't care if it's through the WBC clean boxing program that's a rip off for WBC rankings.

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                      Why didn't Benn sign up for VADA?
                      bballchump11 bballchump11 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X