Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell: I Have A Little Slight Injury; Won't Elaborate Until After Magsayo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell: I Have A Little Slight Injury; Won't Elaborate Until After Magsayo Fight

Add an injury issue to Gary Russell Jr.'s list of concerns entering his fight against Mark Magsayo. The long-reigning WBC featherweight champion revealed during an appearance Wednesday on "The DAZN Boxing Show" that he is suffering from "a little slight injury" that he declined to disclose. Russell will end almost a two-year layoff on Saturday night and already has dealt with the foot amputation that has prevented his father, who is his longtime trainer, from properly helping him prepare for this fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is this for real or a future excuse if Mark taxes his a$$? Awfully weird iron to put out the week of the fight too???

Comment

The layoff, the Dad, the injury...I don't think GRJ is expecting to win this fight! I think he's HOPING to win, but he keeps dropping these excuses every other interview!
      vital1983 likes this.

Comment

These fighters never fail to surprise me

Comment

I think it's a hand injury they have plagued him throughout his career. I think he still has enough talent to beat Magsayo but if an upset happens I guess he will use this as an excuse.
          bballchump11 likes this.

Comment

How elegantly put. I think every fighter should come out and say this a week before every single match. Just so you know, when they lose, they can drop that excuse and say, I told you I had an injury! I just wasn't going to tell you until I lost! So lame.

Comment

C'mon man. Why even say anything.

Rooting for the upset for sure now, lol
              Boxing fan1981 likes this.

Comment

he probably does have a small niggle with something & he may just feel a bit better sharing it with the world, most fighters have some issue or other tho, nature of the tough game

Comment

Getting the excuse in early I see. Like Shannon Courtenay with her knee brace when she got battered by Mitchell. Nash out.

Comment

Is it an enlarged or swollen ego?

Comment

Working...
                    X