Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Makes Case For Pay-Per-View: No Sport Like Boxing, Every Punch To The Head Is A Mild Concussion!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are already paying to view it. Millions spent on TV's, Antenna's, Cable, Satellite systems, Subscriptions, Tickets for live fights. It is not like the only way a fighter gets paid is PPV! We got Loma vs Lopez and thousands and thousands of other fights by spending money on the aforementioned hardware and subscriptions without having to pay-per-view. ONLY the HUGE fights should ever be PPV like Crawford vs Spence, etc.
    MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post

this is the type of mentality that causes fights like this to be on ppv. they know there are suckers who will buy it.
      I get it, man. I agree that theoretically I should boycott this fight for that reason. And, I'm still considering sitting it out. And I knew I'd draw heat on here because of it. But, I don't buy all PPVs. I don't buy the Gervonta Davis fights, the Youtuber fights, or any other fight of low-worth like this. I'm just being honest that I'll probably cave because Keith is one of my favorite fighters that I've followed for years and the next couple of months there aren't a whole lot of fights that really interest me, except Gonzalez-Estrada and Ramirez-Pedraza.

Comment

These guys arent even ranked very high. It's a meaningless fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post

Good post.
          If Thurman's gotta justify his fight being PPV even he knows it's b.s.

​​​​​​He should just retire and become a professional flute player / stoner.
          You would think after like 3 or 4 big fights he'd be able to retire but nope its easy to buy fancy things but not so easy to maintain them .
          Victor valdez Victor valdez likes this.

Comment

Thurman coming from almost three year layoff against a man that was knocked out by a 130/135 title contender. Who the **** will buy this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              We are already paying to view it. Millions spent on TV's, Antenna's, Cable, Satellite systems, Subscriptions, Tickets for live fights. It is not like the only way a fighter gets paid is PPV! We got Loma vs Lopez and thousands and thousands of other fights by spending money on the aforementioned hardware and subscriptions without having to pay-per-view. ONLY the HUGE fights should ever be PPV like Crawford vs Spence, etc.
              You spent a million dollars on your tv setup?

Comment

Barrios coming off a great win, didn't think he'd make the weight cut from super welt but seems keen and kind of maybe has an eating disorder? Am I thinking of the right guy? Anyway, PBC production value makes this outsell crawfords career combined

Comment

Originally posted by MisterDeclanCor View Post
                  Barrios coming off a great win, didn't think he'd make the weight cut from super welt but seems keen and kind of maybe has an eating disorder? Am I thinking of the right guy? Anyway, PBC production value makes this outsell crawfords career combined
                  Eating disorder as in being bulimec?
                  Last edited by PunchMeIDareYou; 01-16-2022, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post

Eating disorder as in being bulimec?
                    I dunno it wasn't a rumour circulated too widely. I think it was more to do with him ouright refusing to eat what his nutritionist served. He insisted on pizza topped with lasagne, until they got his ma round to threaten him with certain house rules/priviledges... Anyway, if he can make it down to welther heathlerly, I could see him really giving Porter a run for his money

Comment

Until there is another alternative way, for boxing to do big business 'Pay per view' will continue.

Comment

Working...
                      X